• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

relationship with apartment neighbors

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
i used to be more than civil with the boy and girl who lived at the end of the hall of of me. a couple nights ago a concerned acquaintance called 911 on me due to a manic episode and drug use. the police, emts, and fire department busted in to apartment and wrecked everything, especially the door and frame. the police did not enter because i was conscious and i said they better not without a warrant (no crime was in site or reported). the entire time i told all three groups to leave. i locked my hands behind my back to avoid and assault charge and they dragged me out to some sort or ambulance or van.

they kept me in some sort of institution for about eight hours because i would not pee for them or answer questions without a lawyer present. when the finally gave up and released me. they did so without giving me shoes, my keys, my cellphone, underwear, a belt, etc. they did give me my wallet, with my id, which makes it frustrating that they asked me me name 1k times. it was the worst day of my life by far.

i have since found out it was an acquaintance by making phone calls all day until someone admitted. i told them not to worry about it, i know they did so with good intentions, and it is behind us. i do not believe the building manager is going to report the incident to the property owner, but i have a hard time understanding his english so we will see.

thinking it was this neighbor and unsure if was the neighbor i was once friends with, i very aggressively pounded on their door and told them to come outside and talk to me. i held up my hands to the view hole to show i had no weapon.

a male voice responded that he was calling 911, like a pussy. so i took my cell phone out and immediately called 911 and said there was no issue my neighbor was overreacting.

the police came and said there is clearly no crime here; don't call 911 on each other anymore.

i want to leave this letter at my neighbors' door. good or bad idea?

IMG_0435-2.jpg

the blackout is my signature, printed name, and cellphone.

this.jpg

I would wait. Give it some time. You're obviously still pretty wound up about it and it isn't the best idea, in my experience, to put things in writing as people tend to hold on to that stuff.

Just my opinion, but maybe wait for the dust to settle and say what you want to say to them verbally.

You “very aggressively” banged on their door and wonder why they called 911? After all the commotion previously?

You need to sit the down and try to chill out. Get yourself back to whatever neutrality is for you for a while.

Do not annoy your neighbours! Leave them be and start to build a relationship again in time, don’t post that letter.

I totally get why you’d want to write to them now, but maybe hold off just awhile. I like to write things down in the passion of the moment and wait. Wait to see if in 24 hours that same note seems fitting.
You might find there really is no note necessary and you can go on with your previous “hello and how are you” relationship that you previously enjoyed with your neighbors.

i have since found out it was an acquaintance by making phone calls all day until someone admitted. i told them not to worry about it, i know they did so with good intentions, and it is behind us. i do not believe the building manager is going to report the incident to the property owner, but i have a hard time understanding his english so we will see.

thinking it was this neighbor and unsure if was the neighbor i was once friends with, i very aggressively pounded on their door and told them to come outside and talk to me. i held up my hands to the view hole to show i had no weapon.

Uh didn't you just state a friend admitted to calling cops on you, so why you blaming neighbor?

I had an across the street neighbor that was the epitome of neat. She was actually a prison guard and she was super cool. The problem was her little jerk off of a son. She worked nights and he was a 19 year old who drove a car with a modified exhaust system and he had peeps coming over at all hours just to stop by for a few minutes. I’m pretty sure he was selling meth, but it was his car and the cars of all his friends that bugged me. One night, and mind you, I am a super nice person, I saw a side of myself that only sleep deprivation could have created. He had 2-3 shitty loud friends who were in their cars comparing the sounds of their engines while they increased their RPMs, and I walked out in a camisole and sleep pants carrying a Louisville Slugger and I told him I was sick of his shit and I was going to call his mom. The kid actually begged me not to and from then on was a lot quieter. Carrying a bat makes a big difference I guess.

You easily write off you acting "Manic"... what were you doing? Were you coming off meds?

Are you at all thankful people were concerned about your mental health or feel that they were out to fuck up your life etc?

I'm not saying your feelings are wrong at all just wondering how you are feeling about the situation, it isn't clear.

maybe u wrote that while you were high and now you have this illusion of whatever

hey man - i'm sorry you had to go through this. truly am

i do think that waiting and chilling for at least a little bit might be a good idea. it can't hurt

the letter really is a great sentiment but ofc it's always best to do such things when in a very clear state of mind. let us know how things go

If you do leave them a note, I would keep it vague and simple. Something like “Apologies for the misunderstanding.”
Don’t give reasons or admit to anything because as someone else commented, people tend to hold on the things like that. You don’t know what kind of people they really are. They could be very nice, but they called the cops on you pretty quick.

yes, vague simple will be my new strategy. in another day or two.

to be fair, i did not lightly rap on their door.

sucks that because of one day where we didn't even interact face-to-face we might never be friends or kind to each other.

do hands taste good? maybe a nice ham of friendship would do...