• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Relationship between Vision Impairments and Psychedelics

But the only drugs I would call true hallucinogens are the deleriants like "Datura stramonium" which basically contains atropine (an tropane alkaloid - look it up further if you like organic chemistry, I'd have to to give an exact definition). Experiences with this class of drugs, people have talked to people who aren't there, whereas the most regularly used drugs (LSD/Mushrooms) at lower doses don't produce such experiences.

Don't get me wrong, almost every psychadelic at a high enough dose could do far more than merely distorting your visual perception a little.

You are forgetting DMT...It doesn't "tweak" reality, it "disappears" it.

You are forgetting DMT...It doesn't "tweak" reality, it "disappears" it.

I didn't. I mentioned that all hallucinogens can move you into that state - dose dependently.

That makes sense lolwhatsdrugz, but 'this kid in scotland' seems to be more about your view on this country than the fact I'm only 16.
The only thing this country should take credit for is its drinking (something we are damn good at!) and its not relevant to me ordering psychs ;)

It was more of a warning to be cautious with psych's at such a young age. I took my first when 17, and I think that was a reasonable time to start slowly. Crawl slowly before you walk, read much more and wait a year or two before you run though, please - if you get my metaphor.

Complete mystical experiences aren't going anywhere!

I had an interesting experience last night watching star trek into darkness on LSD in 3D, and since the pair I had, the ear things were broken I kept moving between actually watching it in 3d, vs the TV without the glasses just tripping. Quite an experience!

Although I wish I didn't need glasses, I feel like I get three sets of visuals thanks to them rather than just OEVs and CEVs. I get glasses-on visuals, glasses-off visuals, and closed eye visuals. My vision is pretty bad, so when I take off my glasses I get something more akin to my CEVs overlaying across everything in front of me since I'm near enough blind. Like if I'm sitting in the woods tripping on some 4-AcO-DMT, and I'm wearing my glasses, everything is shimmering and I can see the fractal patterns repeating everywhere and everything looks so defined and important, things wave and morph, and all that - if I take my glasses off a bush becomes a moving rainbow greenish kaleidoscope, it's a really cool effect and it's the only thing I like about my poor vision honestly.

It depends on the psychedelic a little too though, I noticed with phenethylamines the glasses-off visuals aren't so exciting, but with tryptamines because of the fractal pattern awareness they seem to all have in common I get these amazing intricate kaleidoscope visuals every time I take them off. I can only keep them off for so long though because I can't safely manoeuvre around a place like the woods without them for example, pretty bad vision indeed.

Yeah I guess I should wait a little since psychs aren't going anywhere... Ill keep my doses low and far between for now, would take a lot for me to completely drop em.

Yeah I guess I should wait a little since psychs aren't going anywhere... Ill keep my doses low and far between for now, would take a lot for me to completely drop em.

They produce such a profound change in consciousness that pursuing them can be worthwhile, heed this quote:

The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us.

Spend time educating yourself in film, philosophy, you know, becoming a scholar. It makes later explorations all the sweeter when you have an out-of-the-box perspective already. I used to game, read, and watch classic films all day at your age. Really formed my opinions on life. And chase the muff my man, you're 16!!! Go get laid!

Not sure I can do both those things at the same time =D This forum is the only way I really educate myself, there are better things to do when your 16 than philosophy and watching classic films imo like yes, chasing the muff as you so eloquently put it.

Not sure I can do both those things at the same time =D This forum is the only way I really educate myself, there are better things to do when your 16 than philosophy and watching classic films imo like yes, chasing the muff as you so eloquently put it.

If Newton and Pope had said that we'd lack Calculus and a bunch of witty verse!

And I bet you Newton and Pope still got laid!