• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Regular Dilaudid vs. Long-acting hydromorphone?

kamakiri

Greenlighter
At the tiny doses I'm able to get through my doctor?2mg Dilaudid eight times a day?it's pathetically difficult to get "high." Still, if I'm good I can save up some pills and do 12mg (six pills) all at once (orally).

Now my pharmacist has naively suggested I switch to long-acting hydromorphone, which I've understood to come under the brand name (here in Canada) of Exalgo (?)

My wife once used to get some capsules called Hydromorph-contin but no matter how many I swallowed of those I couldn't remotely feel anything.

My question is: at least I know what I'm getting with these 2mg pills. Will the extended-release pills be any better as far as getting high is concerned? I can bet that the doctor won't prescribe any dosages that might attract anyone's attention, ie. Health Canada. so I won't be getting a windfall no matter which way you cut it.

Thing is, if I make the switch it will be very difficult going back, and I've been blessed with the little amount that I get for nigh on 6 years now, so I don't want to jeopardise a good thing.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is covered elsewhere!

-Kamakiri

How the fuck did this end up in the lounge

Please get clean one day ok? Help us out there

-> od

Crush and snort and you double the bioavailability, crush, dilute, and plug and you get almost as good as IV, it’s less than 25% orally, about 50% snorted (but you don’t want to do this long term, about 90% plugged. If you don’t understand plugged.. don’t ask, research it. If you don’t understand bioavailability Google it.
Maybe delete this thread if you cannot move it. Like he said... it don’t go here but I don’t imagine you meant to do anything wrong. Live and learn. Dilaudid orally... you may as well just go ahead and flush them down the toilet.
Be careful with them. They are the second opiate or opioid to be synthesized. The first was Heroin and Dilaudid is very similar, out of all the pain meds I’ve been through from pain doctors.. that’s mist all of them, Dilaudid 2mg is the only one that made me think of the next pill... even at 2mg and I’ve been on hydrocodone, oxycodone, OxyContin, morphine, fentanyl patch and a few others I can’t remember the names of. Dilaudid scares me it’s “moreish” from the get go.

One can shsve most of the BS from hydromorphone... a bit time consuming but one gets adept at it.
I would rather consume the remains of ER than IR orally (maybe naieve but just seems the ER gets absobed more orally... prolly wrong). IV... well of course there would be a different ROA.

i would stick with the IR. it can be snorted and potency doubled as the above poster said. Unless the doctor is giving you more mg overall...i would never consider such a thing for both pain relief and recreation.

your pharmcist just sounds like a brainwashed sheep trying to steer you away from a more recreational formulation