View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Regarding Unevenly Laid Blotting Paper

lamanogaucha

Bluelighter
I just want to give folks a heads up regarding this subject. It appears that this is a common thing -- perhaps the norm -- yet unlikely to often result in significant discrepancies. A new BL member mentioned in a recent thread that he/she sent three LSD tabs to Energy Control and that their results showed that the tabs contained between 97ug and 106ug. If this is a representative sample of variance -- and it probably is -- then it seems reasonable to me to assume that the occasionally reported drastic differences in the qualitative effects of 1P-LSD are directly related to metabolism, rather than to improperly laid blotting paper.

I heard that one would have to really mess up during the laying process for the blotters to be unevenly laid to a terrible extent? Something about the dipping process ensuring a low variance. Though I'm not too sure on this.

Then I guess the more likely scenario would be blotters being misrepresented dosage wise. But yeah, I'm not too sure on that one either. :)

There are many different ways to lay blotter. The "proper way" involves dipping, but so many things about our scene are no longer, or never were, proper. Sometimes an eyedropper like tool is used to more or less roughly saturate the paper, sometimes individual drops are dropped on individual "hits", needless to say, these methods are more likely to produce substantially uneven blotters. Propper dipping, on the other hand, almost by definition will produce an evenly laid blotter if done in the correct way, but this is not practical except when producing in largish quantities, so at the more retail level, "other" methods predominate. And unfortunately, this includes where uneven laying may do the most harm - in the case of unresearched chemicals being passed off as LSD. And the variance seen there might be much more than the few mcg mentioned in the OP.

lamanogaucha. I'm not sure I understand your post, did the 3 blotters tested contain LSD or 1-P-LSD?

No matter what they contained, it can't really be used to conclude anything, because to do that you would need to test a much larger percentage of the 1-P-LSD blotters in circulation.

I do agree though, that there are enough things by now that indicate that something is going on metabolically with 1-P-LSD that we can say that it is very likely. You delayed onset experience is one, for instance. And there is no doubt, that the "official" lysergamide blotters are very proffesionally and evenly laid. But that doesn't mean that we can't rule out that in some cases very overwhelming or strong experiences might be due to accidental hotspots.

What is strange, is that we did to some degree see this same phenomenon with AL-LAD. And in the ETH-LAD thread it now seems that it could be the case with ETH-LAD too (I'm thinking of Yaesutoms overwhelming experience from one blotter)

It would make sense for 1-P-LSD to be effected by metabolism, because we know from Nichols that the 1-propionyl needs to come of for it to be active. But what about AL-LAD and ETH-LAD?

And what about regular LSD-25? Why wouldn't we see that same metabolical phenomenon with it? Or maybe we do, but we just maybe call it "set and setting"? To me LSD is always the same, more or less, but I have in some rare cases have the onset and duration vary by quite a lot. So maybe it's just because people rarily know how much is on the LSD blottters.

I don't think we will get any closure on these questions anytime soon, because we simply don't have the data we need. Analysis on a large percentage of all blotter sheets produced would be needed, as well as a large number of double blind studies in a clinical setting.

Last edited:
@ Everyone - For clarification, I was referring to mass-produced sheets, rather than DIY ones.

@ Bassoon - Yes, I agree with basically everything that you said. Still, the fact that those three tabs (which came from the same sheet) had little variance in the amount of material that they contained suggests that it's unlikely that one would encounter others with huge discrepancies. Of course, this is pure conjecture -- it was a tiny analysis sample, after all -- but it does point toward the direction of metabolism. Also, the material in those tabs was LSD, not 1P-LSD; I only made a correlation. Anyway, perhaps many, or even most of the lysergamides are highly reactive to individual metabolism -- that may well account for their capriciousness. Some more than others, though...

My opinion is that most of this variance with the novel lysergemides is due to the intersection of many factors outside from uneven blotters. Not just metabolism, but body chemistry leading up to trip, tolerance, mind state, interpretation of the experience, magic, chi, etc. Maybe saying metabolism is a nice way to sum all these up. Sometimes the stars line up and people just trip hard. Sometimes they don't.

I think it's unlikely that the pros are laying these blotters so inconsistently. I think we're all just trippin here... Like someone said in the ETH-LAD thread, we're talking about unpredictable substances here, why be surprised when the unpredicted happens?

Guys, don't have so much faith in the "professionals." Some LSD and lysergamide analogs are laid rather high up in the distribution chain, others are not. The retail customer is not likely to be able to tell the difference. The markets is not as vertically integrated as it used to be. It's a brave new world out there.

My opinion is that most of this variance with the novel lysergemides is due to the intersection of many factors outside from uneven blotters. Not just metabolism, but body chemistry leading up to trip, tolerance, mind state, interpretation of the experience, magic, chi, etc. Maybe saying metabolism is a nice way to sum all these up. Sometimes the stars line up and people just trip hard. Sometimes they don't.

I think it's unlikely that the pros are laying these blotters so inconsistently. I think we're all just trippin here... Like someone said in the ETH-LAD thread, we're talking about unpredictable substances here, why be surprised when the unpredicted happens?

I'm actually begining to agree more and more with this sentiment, but isn't it just another way of saying: "W e h a v e n o f u c k i n g c l u e w h a t i s g o i n g o n" lol :D