Reflecting

E-girl

Bluelighter
*Once upon a time...*
I ate pills to get that certain "high" that we all love... the feeling of soaring to new dimensions and your soul brimming with an inner ecstacy that you could never quite describe. I ate pills to feel that rush, and hugs never felt better; dancing never felt so free. And I met people that changed how I lived my life. And it never mattered what was going on outside of the rave... cuz in the rave, I was somebody. Everybody knew my name. And i think now, looking back, that even if they didn't know my name, they loved me for those couple hours. And I loved them. And I never, in 6 years, forgot a single face, a single hug, or all the moments of exhilaration that always started when i swallowed that sweet little candy. And each one of us brought a new definition to the term "ecstacy." We knew what it was about.
I went from a few years of swallowing in the dark, exchanging secret smiles with those precious few who were right up there in that same dimension, never a word said... twirling around on the dance floor without my feet ever touching the ground. A certain peacefulness at the end of the night when the music had stopped and the wings i was riding on had brought me back to the ground. Going home, crawling into bed and almost *ecstatic* to feel the fuzzy warmth of sleep. And dreaming things that even Freud couldn't begin to explain. I went from those days, to the days where you walk into a club and 50 people come up to you in a split second, and before "hello" escapes your lips, they want to know what you're on, how much, etc. To days when excess glitter and glam replaced the sparkle of what was. To days when the pills that had you dancing, instead had you sitting in a corner somewhere by yourself watching this fake world-- this mirage-- roll past you. And instead of bliss, all you feel is let down.
If I could go back to one moment it would be around 3 am at the original Whistle. (That party deserves the ultimate PLUR-award if there ever was one.) Music that was so uplifting you almost forgot that you were still on earth... And I remember seeing this girl sort of lost in the crowd, almost scared-looking. I asked her what was wrong. She said that someone had given her an Adam... but she thought she was hallucinating... she was hearing screaming in her ears and seeing bright flashes of light out of the corner of her eyes. I didn't know what to do. She wasn't with anyone. She wasn't even talking in full sentences, and she was trembling pretty bad. I moved her out of the crowd and sat down next to her out of the edge and she started throwing up blood, right at our feet. It's not much of a story, but i pulled myself down from cloud 9 and just stayed with her for an hour until someone she knew found her and took care of her from there. But I remember the girl gave me one of the bracelets she was wearing... it had orange beads all around, except for letter beads spelling "frEnd". I forgot to ask her name. Well anyway, last year I ran into her at "Once Upon A Time" and she gave me the biggest hug ever. And what made her smile was when she saw that somewhere buried in a thousand bracelets on my arms was that bracelet she gave me. And even though i could tell you the significance of every damn beaded memory on my arm, i will never forget how that girl made me feel inside. That was the difference between SAYING plur and LIVING plur. And to me, that was what I had gotten into this scene for. For the love of a family that had no ends, or boundaries, or rules, or cares.
Whatever happened to that feeling. It's sadly replaced by a resentment, and a shake of the head when I watch these people blowing each other up and bragging about how many pills they ate. And anyway, that's all they are.... pills. Synthetic happiness. No more magic. Not because of the way they're being made, as someone I know suggested; but because of what people think or claim to be getting out of them. For 5 hours they think they have the world on their shoulders.... to me, it was a lifetime of memories and inexplicable feeling and deep emotion. Never had a roll where I wasn't trying to make the world in my head a better place, or somehow reform my crazy life. And the next day, there I was, scribbling down such in-depth thoughts that sometimes even I didn't know what the hell I meant. And the depression that sometimes came was never bad... sometimes it made me want to give up rolling, but usually it made me look at my life from the outside and make me want to fix everything that looked like it was falling apart. And finding Bluelight was a place to vent, and never get flamed or criticized for feeling that way or saying those thoughts. There was always respect, and comfort... a strange comfort that one wouldn't expect to get from complete strangers from the other side of the world. But to me, it was people who got the same thing out of it as me... finding yourself and not being afraid to be that person, even if only in front of these select few whom you would probably never meet. It was about me sitting up nights in front of this computer screen telling you guys about the moment when i felt that initial sweep-me-off-my-feet rush and about looking into the eyes of someone and really care for and being able to tell them things that filled me with what I thought was ecstacy. And it was about all the moments in-between that made me feel belonged and wanted, when outside of that circle I thought my life was meaningless.
I wish I could find that ecstacy one more time. I don't think there is a pill out there that can do it anymore. I used to think there was a person that could make me feel like that without the MDMA, but then I found out about heartache and realized trusting someone is hard work... something that perseveres with time. And that sometimes loving someone, it letting them love you back, or not. And that maybe true love is not the kind that always lasts a lifetime, but sometimes the kind that is hardest to hold onto, and easiest to lose....and then no drug can lift you to that level again.
For the sake of my baby, and the sake of my really poor health, those days are long since gone by... but the memories remain strong. And the people who taught me all i needed to know in life were those strangers... not the people i call friends, not my rolling buddies... they were the people that touched my life for a few hours in a smoke-filled room, captured by beads and tattered fliers hanging on my walls like dead butterflies and wilted flowers. And to those people, thank you.
--Inspired by the old Bluelight family... you know who you are... those of you "teachers" whose words are always sentimental... and yet so faded... with these meaningless posts. But I'm not flaming the new bluelighters either... if that stuff is what you regard as the essence of ecstacy, then post on and more power to you. But whatever it is, don't let those little moments go uncounted for... because when the magic fades for you too, you'll wonder who that bracelet is from.
Much love and memories to all of you.
Just had to get that off my chest.
And remember the words of Lft4u2imgn...
"Hug like you mean it. You just never know..."
~~~~plur~~~~~
E-girl
------------------------------------------
"You may fool the whole world down your pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass;
But your final reward will be heartache and tears,
If you've cheated the man in the glass."
--
from Dale Wimbrow Sr.'s "The Man in the Glass."
[This message has been edited by E-girl (edited 24 January 2000).]

E-girl,
Although I am not at that stage yet, I am starting to get those feelings. The feelings of what happened to US...to this community of people. Just a short story here. Last weekend at KandyKane (still I am sorry for missing you) I went into the bathroom to find this young girl 14, who was throwing up and had no idea what was going on. She had taken too much paper and too many pills. All I wanted to do was cry. Not because I felt bad for her. I felt bad for US. For the people, all the people out there who created this glitzy, glam party till you can't anymore image for these children to suffocate in. I stood there thinking about what to do and all I could think about was what is happening to the "old world". The world of happiness and friendship, stories and bracelets, hugs you can feel for a year and the sweet taste of sweat and candy on your lips.
E-girl your words made me shiver all over. I can only offer maybe one thought here. The world is ever changing, and if it didn't we would never grow and learn. If this wasn't the case you wouldn't be having this realization. Maybe what we can do here is keep our smiles big and our hugs deeper and hope that our light can help the "new school" people feel like we did. Give them the opportunity that was given to us and hope for the best. Since you know that I never...ever sign plur to my posts because I only use it in times that I truly do feel it. I give you my second ever written *********PLUR***********
~Alison
------------------
"Without any intentional, fancy way of adjusting yourself, to express yourself as you are is the most important thing"

some reflections of my own:
I dance around the place, loving it all, and everyone. Teaching people new tricks, to blow them off their asses... for five, or six hours, I'm among friends... people who love me... people that I love.
Sometime that night... things stop being so beautiful... things become as they were before. Everything, the way it was before. People look like the strangers they were when I walked in. People, that for some reason or another, I fear, and therefore chose not to know, or even hate.
Then I go home... I pack up the one true friend that I actualy have, and we go home. Home, to my computer... Home, to my life. Ever, and endlessly, playing with the rainbow beaded bracelt that someone gave me... Yes, someone... I don't know her name... and I don't know her face. Perhaps that's the part that hurts the most. That these "friends", those few presious and fleeting moments, are not so steadfast in my memory, and likely everyone elses.
I look around me, at faces, and places... None of it ever made sence before... and I suppose it never will.
I walk this path... this rocky, and treterous path, and I do it alone... I trip, and fall... and have nobody there to take me by the hand and help me up. Sometimes I feel like crumpling up into a tiny ball, and cry for hours, and then I realize that nobody will even notice, let alone care.
E has made me, in fact more "independant" but by no choice of mine. I feel that nobody understands me... and then I realize that I'm right. To wake up, alone, every morning, and to think to yourself that there is not a single person in this entire world who could be as close as some stranger, at a rave... Some stranger who won't even remember you the next time you see them pass by.
It's become all I have... but then, before I started raving, and doing e, I had just the same as I do now... Only now, I realize it. I've transformed from an outcast of a child, with few "playmates", the one who stuck out... allways alone. In a dark and awful place that no one could pennetrate. Dead, just dead on the inside. and now I've changed into an adult. an outcast... still, and forever. the only thing that has changed, is my cold, dead heart was awakened, by expiereinces, and by people... to have feelings, to CARE, and to be locked away in this dark and lonely place is simply indescribeable.
I don't know what my point is... I don't know what THE point is... and nothing seems to matter anymore. those hollow and empty hours of pure bliss, are nothing more than a leave of absence from my cell.
Nobody seems to notice...
Nobody seems to care...
Everything just seems so futile. I grasp at shadows, searching for understanding... for center... for peace, and all I have to show for it are my empty hands, and my empty heart.
and yes, I will keep doing it. it's all I have...
and yes, I will enjoy it. it's all I have...
I become more and more bitter with every passing day. My monthly escape making me ever so much more jaded, and ever so lonely.
It's nice to pretend sometimes... to pretend that everything is alright... to be the "cool" one... But under the visade... here I am... just me...
------------------
Who you are never realy changes... It's who you THINK you are that does.
[This message has been edited by PaRaDoX (edited 23 January 2000).]

Small world... i think at one point i was comforting that very same girl. My ultimate goal at any rave is to meet as many people as possible, and i think that honestly, the most people i met at KandyKane, were the ones puking their guts up in the bathroom,
and i didn't mind it at all.
Just out of curiosity, did you WEAR the silver pants after all? Cuz damn girl i asked every freakin girl there with silver pants on if she was you and no dice. then i just started asking people at random. they thought i was crazy.
smile.gif

luv ya
------------------
alwayzzzz PLUR & happy :) rolling... hugzzzz
E-girl
*I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen!*
**I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it**
***Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.***

E-girl!!
Welcome back. Haven't read your posts in a while, but they were always so meaningful. You were the first Bluelighter to get my attention when I just started visiting the board.
Hope all is well,
The One
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

You know, when I read that, all I could picture in my mind was that part about "swallowing in the dark." Anymore it's everywhere, it's not this underground drug like it used to be, and people definitely don't know it's power. We started taking drugs to have fun, or get fucked up; and ended up expanding our minds and creating a sense of self. We ended up tearing ourselves apart at times too. And today I don't even talk to or remember some of those people, my old E-buds, because they've passed the stage of fuckedupness-for-fun and passed us all up in the process. It's a constant stream of new faces, and with them comes new revelations to the drug. The drug never changed. WE did. But I admit there's times when I was swept up in all the shit too-- the tricks and the Vicks, blahblah. It's fun too, but I think overall E gave me a path to my emotions, and expressing them. I mean, that's how I met YOU! I was all SORTS of fucked up and I was seeing some crazy shit... and there was you, this glittery dancing butterfly with a big smile. I'm attracted to a pretty smile, what can I say (that's why I loved the bluelight Photo Album, I just don't have a scanner) And that's how I met SO mnay people. Nothing wrong with that. But you're right, we don't remember them by what pill they ate or what party it was. We remember them by what they brought to us at that time in our life. Enough said.
I like the references to the old school rolling life. I DO miss it. And I only wish that I could go back and do some things differnt because I would have given them ALL unforgettable hugs. I took people for granted. And even though most of them backstabbed me (they only cared about the drugs) I still treasured the lights, the feeling, the music, and the smiles. If ever there was a definition for RAVE, it is just another word for PLUR.
kEEp thE candEE comEing.

E-girl,
I will email you I don't wanna clutter up your beautiful post. Peace
------------------
"Without any intentional, fancy way of adjusting yourself, to express yourself as you are is the most important thing"