• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

REFIND YOUR WAY DETOX CENTRE

jock briton

Bluelighter
Well folks been on subutex for years switched to kratom and the withdrawal from that was every bit as bad,so instead of trying to cold turkey at home im looking at detox centres and im wanting info on it how good and folks experience in them il start with the refind your way in serbia all info would be geat thanks jock

It looks like they give you a rapid taper and then stick a naltrexone implant or depot shot in you, then bill you ~2000 GBP+.

There are cheaper and better options. I suspect that a taper over 2 weeks would be way too rapid for most people, and the naltrexone implant/depot shot will not only prevent you from using any opioids for a long time afterwards but also might leave you feeling unpleasant (either because there is still some tolerance remaining after the taper, or even because it blocks the natural endorphins as well as any opiate drugs). The depot naltrexone shot only wears off after a few months, the naltrexone implant would need to be surgically removed and the remaining naltrexone metabolized over a week or so.

I would recommend looking for methadone/buprenorphine substitution therapy instead. It's not a cure but it will stabilize you so you can live a functional life, and then very gradually reduced until you are OK without it.

Well folks been on subutex for years switched to kratom and the withdrawal from that was every bit as bad,so instead of trying to cold turkey at home im looking at detox centres and im wanting info on it how good and folks experience in them il start with the refind your way in serbia all info would be geat thanks jock

I know exactly what you're going through with regard to kratom withdrawal, especially the unbearable restlessness, which is the part that breaks me. I'm doing a slow taper right now, about two months into it. Cold turkey is just too miserable for me to handle, as is a rapid taper. I dont know how high your daily dose is, but I was doing around 70g+/day when I started tapering and am down to 27g/day as of today.

I started this taper by removing around 1g per day from one of my three daily doses until I cut my afternoon dose out entirely, at which point I had to drastically slow my taper and add DXM and Black seed oil. The black seed oil helps quite a bit with the physical aspects of the withdrawal, while the DXM helps me stay positive, or at least as positive as can be expected under the circumstances. Now that I don't have the afternoon dose, I've had to slow to removing .5-1g every 4-5 days, basically as soon as I feel stabilized at a given dose.

It hasn't been easy, I think some of my recent posts kind of understate just how uncomfortable I get at times, but I'm still moving along with the taper. I didn't backslide once so far, which is a big accomplishment for me as I have several kilos at my house. I can't say for certain that I'll be able to stick to the taper, but I'm staying optimistic that I can fucking do this. Everyday I keep to it is a major victory!

Have you given any thought to or tried a very slow taper from the kratom? Everyone is different when it comes to what works for them in terms of getting off of kratom, but it might be worth considering a taper before committing to inpatient treatment. Feel free to pm me or ask any questions you might have in this thread.

If you truly feel that inpatient care is your only viable option however, by all means do what you have to do though!!

This post is going to be like a stream of consciousness as I research into this..

This Refind Your Way place in in Belgrade. I've been doing some research around the area and honestly, in my opinion, the places that are available are all looking scammy and not much like the detoxes or treatment centres I'm used to in Canada. They all tout the rapid detox method, seem to be run by the same people, have cheesy names called "naltrex zone", one of the "doctors" who responded to a google review on a places name was "ibogain" which is a oke and a half.. It looks like, at least at a surface level you're dealing with a climate thats looking to make a quick buck by shilling out a costly quick fix and doesn't address the whole addiction whatsoever,if at all. Rapid detox is a real thing and all but it's not supposed to be... I don't know how to explain how I feel here. I feel bad for you man, so far the places in Belgrade or Serbia overall look like cash cow scams.. and it's hard to find real information on anything other than this monopoly thats going on by these places that are all imitations of each other..

One of the facilities I saw characterized its rules in house first and foremost as being one of not disturbing the client or the staff in the recovery process. Um, not disturb the staff? Why are they there then? Why can't they be talked to? Are they too busy channeling their recovery forces to be spoken to? Joking, but not really.

____________________________ Continuing....

More Research

The World Health Orgnization (WHO) has an article on "Drug Dependence Treatment and Care in the Republic of Serbia" and mentions that there is a methadone clinic in Belgrade. I'm gonna try and track it down.

WHO Article - https://www.who.int/features/2012/serbia_treatment_care/en/

“Savski Venac” is the "primary health care centre" which offers service. It's called the Savski Venac Medical Centre.

I cannot find any real information on the savski medical centre except the contact info for a single staff member. https://www.linkedin.com/in/milica-boskovic-00460665/?originalSubdomain=rs

I've sent her a message asking for assistance with information about this methadone program.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"© World Health Organization 20102TREATMENT SERVICES A.ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCING Treatment for SUD is delivered through a specialized treatment system. Treatment for SUD is also provided in the mental health care system. No treatment for SUD is provided in primary health care."

SUD means substance use disorders. It seems that there just isn't much available in Serbia as primary health care doesn't acknowledge addictions whatsoever. Makes sense how everything that is available seems to be so scammy now.

I wonder what the hell this means for sasvski venac centre even though the WHO says this and that simultaneously.

Here's the WHO publication I found this from. It's got a pretty comprehensive account of what's what in Serbia, though still no real facilities or practices listed..

Actually, if you read into this, there's very little recognition or creedence paid to SUD in serbia whatsoever. It's pretty sad.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry man. I don't think there's much available. Everything I'm finding leads back to the same rackets that just want you to pay for a bandaid solution they don't even seem to know much about relative to places like North America for instance. Everywhere I go I'm going in circles here, it's not good. You might need to figure this out on your own, and at a distance through places like this one at bluelight and resources outside your country.

Tried my best.