• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Reducing swelling of needle use?

Lilyb420

Greenlighter
When you shoot up (cocaine) and your arm swells, either by missing or it being the cut, what are some of the best things to do to help it? I got some vitamin E oil, someone said that would help the healing process but I'm still stuck on if ice or heat would be better for it.. obviously I know only time will make it heal completely but still. Please dont give me the run around about how I should just stop and all that because trust, I know. It was a party and just stupid decision. I've got a job i need to keep and wearing long sleeves when its 80 degrees outside is kind of a tell tell sign. Please help!

Heat but not too hot. Pretty sure I'm correct ? could be ice, I'm pretty tired right now lol.

Sure someone else will confirm.

Some anti inflammatorys would probably help too. And massage the spot, if it's not too painful.

Sure it's heat.

wrap it in a bandage and say you brused it while it heals. You messed up. you need to take care of it. Monitor it.

When you shoot up (cocaine) and your arm swells, either by missing or it being the cut, what are some of the best things to do to help it? I got some vitamin E oil, someone said that would help the healing process but I'm still stuck on if ice or heat would be better for it.. obviously I know only time will make it heal completely but still. Please dont give me the run around about how I should just stop and all that because trust, I know. It was a party and just stupid decision. I've got a job i need to keep and wearing long sleeves when its 80 degrees outside is kind of a tell tell sign. Please help!

It is possible the needle missed the vein and the bolus now resides in the interstitial space (space between the cells), hence the swelling, it should disperse in time (hours/days).. Gentle massage to the area could speed up the process..
It's also possible your body has reacted at the site of injection, if you are fit with a healthy functioning immune system your body will address the issue.. Remember swelling is a natural inflammatory response which is part of the healing process, I am not a proponent of prescribing anti-inflammatory drugs in this setting..

I'm not a doctor obviously, but in general, applying heat is going to facilitate the movement of important stuff like oxygen and other nutrients that are an important part of the healing process. It should also cause a reduction in pain as well. If the site is indeed painful, you can take some OTC pain relievers and they should help.

Since you already know, I won't take the time to berate you for injecting Cocaine ;) Missing any kind of injection can be bad news, but unfortunately, Cocaine constricts blood vessels, which can in turn lead to tissue necrosis and all kinds of other fun shit. You need to make sure that the effected area is indeed healing and not progressing into a more serious issue, such as abscess.

The best solution for disguising the tell-tale signs of drug injection is make-up. If you have a girl in your life, she should be able to expertly advise you upon the correct application of it. You should only have to do this for a couple of days as you wait for the swelling to go down. I hope this helps.

Heparin gel should reduce swelling..
Also i would recommend clindamycin gel as well, it's an antibiotic, effective against little bastards known as staphyloccocus aureus, to make sure you won't get something like muscle abscess if you missed the shot..
Heparin gel, if you ask me, must be used after every I/V trip cause it helps veins to heal faster and reduce clotting too.

It is possible the needle missed the vein and the bolus now resides in the interstitial space (space between the cells), hence the swelling, it should disperse in time (hours/days).. Gentle massage to the area could speed up the process..
It's also possible your body has reacted at the site of injection, if you are fit with a healthy functioning immune system your body will address the issue.. Remember swelling is a natural inflammatory response which is part of the healing process, I am not a proponent of prescribing anti-inflammatory drugs in this setting..

When it goes into the interstitial space does that cause your arm to go numb? I've had that happen a few times, with it swelling a little too, I'm just curious.

When it goes into the interstitial space does that cause your arm to go numb? I've had that happen a few times, with it swelling a little too, I'm just curious.
Cocaine itself have numbing-like effect, so i'd say - yes..
Is numbness appears around injection site?