View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Redosing LSD to bring back peak

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
I'm going to a rave next weekend that will be 8 hours long. I want to dose 100ug of LSD at the beginning and maybe 50ug near the end so I can peak again for the headlining DJ's. Is this a good idea? Will the experience last much longer?

Nope. Not a good idea. If you re-dose half of what you started with, that won't bring back the peak, it'll probably only make you stay awake a bit longer.

LSD just generally isn't a great thing to re-dose, IMO.

Would ketamine or bkmdma be a good option to extend the experience instead?

I'd add a small dose of a short-acting tryptamine if you feel like it, timed to peak when the DJ you like is on. Truthfully, 8 hours is a reasonable amount of time to just take LSD.

Nope. Not a good idea. If you re-dose half of what you started with, that won't bring back the peak, it'll probably only make you stay awake a bit longer.

LSD just generally isn't a great thing to re-dose, IMO.

I agree...I just always start with my highest dose i plan on taking...

I would disagree that redosing is always a bad idea... if your LSD is expensive or hard to come by then yea it's quite a waste of it, but if you can afford missing a few hundred ug then redosing definitely has an effect. It's IME not really to bring back the peak, that phase is *much* more dependent on your initial dose, but when redosed if you don't wait too long - like almost the end of the trip - it can still make the trip more immersive and intense... but I would say typically not in that chaotic fucked up way as the peak usually is, but more in that crystal clear profundity kind of way. After the peak I can also feel like I adapt to it more and am more at peace, while in a more sneaky way I am still tripping hard (like seeing everything covered in symbols or matrix-style code, yet subtle and less dynamic).

K is a wonderful but also insane combination, much more reasonable on the tail-end - at peak it can be way overwhelming.

I find that if I redose with the same dose I originally took at about the 5-6 hour mark, I can ALMOST bring back the peak, although it doesn't stay for quite as long.
Definitely not useless, but you likely won't get full effects.
I find tolerance for LSD begins to set in quite rapidly as soon as the peak begins diminishing; if still peaking the doses are additive

The general rule that we lived by back when I was using heavy amounts of LSD (I'd literally take 10 hits for breakfast every day) is that you need to double your dose every time you want to peak again, but this only applies when you haven't slept yet, when you sleep your body is resetting itself. So for a light LSD user I would advise take 2 hits initially. Then when the peak wears off and you want to peak again take 4 more hits. Then when that peak wears off (probably sunrise by now) and you want to peak again take 8 hits. Then 16 the next time etc. After you've been up on LSD for a couple days without sleep your tolerance is so high you can take like 25 hits and it will only get you about as high as the first 2 hits you took to start out with. With our high dosing tolerance we would do 10, then 20, then 40 etc. I've seen friends who had been up for a few days take 100 hits and not even get much higher than a casual user taking 2 hits. There's a point where it doesn't really matter. You reach a saturation point where 50 hits and 100 hits don't feel much different. Be careful out there and take it easy at first. But definitely double up on each redose.

I prefer not to redose LSD, but I take issue with the suggestion that it has no effect at all. I have done it in the past and experienced an extension to the duration of my trip. One of my friends is very sensitive to LSD. On one occasion, at 3-4 hours in to a 75 mcg trip, she felt that she had under-dosed and so she took another 75 mcg dose. The second dose dramatically increased the intensity of the trip, pushing it well past the level that a single 75 mcg dose would have achieved.

It defiantly had to do with your personal metabolism.....I don't trip neary as long as most of my friends....I'm always coming down whole they are still peaking

So for me if I don't feel like I'm high as I want to be, I will dose again at the 2-3 hour mark...and if I double the dose (which has been suggested and for sure works) I will not only extend the trip for a longer duration but the peak will get stronger

Normally though I would rather eat some mushrooms a couple of hours into it than eat more LSD

Reviving an old thread.

I was familiarizing myself to a new batch of LSD. The blotters were smaller than my previous set, so I kind of knew what to assume (=less potent). I took one hit and I could feel it starting to effect at 1 hour mark. At 2 hours I felt that I was too low, and decided to consume the one remaining that I had. My assumption is that this was around 50-75ug tab.
Later in the evening I noticed basically no benefit from the second hit. Based on what I've read on this thread, my result was to be expected, right?
I was about to write off this batch, but I guess I should not draw too quick conclusions. Do you guys agree?

I've used LSD many times, but this is the first time ever I've done redosing.

Yeah you need to "redose" within the first hour to get much of an effect.

Interestingly splitting your dose 25 minutes apart at the start of the trip completely alters the nature of LSD. Takes you through a wormhole in space-time and makes it like some super-friendly version of MDMA with psychedelic fluffiness on top.