View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Redosing LSD after a low dose?

Kallisti23

Bluelighter
Is it possible to redose LSD effectively with a moderate dose in the evening after taking a low dose (approx. 20ug) earlier in the day? If so how much tolerance needs to be taken into account when dosing? I know that redosing is usually very ineffective after taking a decent dose, but since the initial dose was on the low side I thought it could be worth considering...

Thanks in advance!

When I do that, it extends the trip AND intensifies it. I’ve done 25, then 50 about 3 hours later.
It also, for many, has the effect of smoothing out the comeup.
Careful though, doubling the first dose is a step up for sure, for some more than others.

When I do that, it extends the trip AND intensifies it. I’ve done 25, then 50 about 3 hours later.
It also, for many, has the effect of smoothing out the comeup.
Careful though, doubling the first dose is a step up for sure, for some more than others.

Thanks. I've never redosed since I've heard many people say that it tolerance build-up is so rapid it's a waste. Or that it just adds confusion and not much else. Usually people seem to be talking about redosing after a moderate to heavy dose though.

Last edited:
They mean it's a waste when compared to doing both doses at once. Tolerance does develop within the first 90 minutes, but again, for me, I always get another notch deeper when redosing. The second dose is albeit a bit muted, but does contribute. I pretty often take a half, or quarter, then another in 45 min to smooth the ascent.

It is a relative waste compared to taking the entire dose all at once, but if you need to ramp the experience up more slowly it works wonders. It all depends on how much LSD you have laying around and how smooth you want the takeoff to be.
I take all mine in one dose, but I've been doing since the 60's so I hardly have tender feet,and I seldom get body load given a good quality source.

Thanks, that's good to know. I suspected that the lower the dose the less tolerance would build. I've heard people talk about some unpleasant effects redosing so that put me off a bit too.

it will either extend the trip a bit, or depending on how far from initial dose, intensify a bit, with the second dose contributing intensity inversely with time.
Nothing new or nasty gets introduced, just usually an extension of duration (which could be annoying/troubling if they feel overwhelmed), or if taken soon enough to beat the quick tolerance build-up, an additional intensity. But note that the dose-response curve is not linear. Start small, ride out your trip, make notes and try another in two weeks, titrating your dose up until you find your sweet spot.