• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Redosing during withdrawals

MafiaInsane

Bluelighter
Compared to a lot of people, my bender seems petty. It lasted about a month or so, many a month and a half, using around .1-.2 per day. There were probably around 5-6 days in the time period where I didn't use any at all.

Anyways, about a week ago, I ran out of heroin and decided that my body would thank me for a break anyways. Sure enough the next day I woke up feeling pretty uncomfortable with some nasty symptoms. The worst was RLS and fatigue by far.

After day 2, starting into day 3, I got no sleep whatsoever as opposed to even just a half hour. At roughly 3pm the next day (start of day 3) from a combination of fatigue, inability to sleep, the frustration of it all, and a text message from my connect, I broke, and decided to pick up. Shitty decision I know.

I only used around half of what I had been using per day on my bender, so only around .05. Small amount but it gave me some relief for the day.

Anyways, I took advantage of it and decided to get some sleep. I didn't work or have any other priorities, and ended up sleeping a good portion of the day. It was needed but too much sleep isn't healthy either, but that's beside the point.

It's about hour 32 since my last dose, and I'm not feeling many symptoms. Very slight restless legs, slight fatigue, and insomnia.

So my question... Is it possible that due to the fact it was such a small amount, it had little effect on resetting/prolonging my already mild WD? I would generally assume withdrawal is coming up on me, but it's been almost a day and a half without any use and I'm not feeling too horribly. I'm starting to get my appetite back, a little more energetic, and most importantly my depression of it all seems to have gone.

If that isn't the case, I realize the question is over asked but I can't seem to find one relating close enough to my experience. But if it somehow is too early, and the withdrawals will be back, how long/severe can I assume they will be? I would assume they'd be mild and fairly short but considering the 2nd/3rd day before relapse were pretty shitty, I'm questioning myself.

Happy Thanksgiving, by the way.

Its not going to be as bad as the first round. Redosing during withdrawal will prolong the withdrawals, but they will be less severe. That is unless you use a shit ton in withdrawal, then youre fucked all over again.

Youll feel better in 3 or 4 days. A month isnt to long and your use wasnt very heavy.

GL, do what you can to stay active, both physically and mentally. Drink lots of water and try to get some sleep.

If you find that you cant sleep. Do your mind a favour and watch some tv or play some video games. Try to sleep again in a couple hours.

Update

It's around hour 36 or 37 and still feeling no symptoms to any severe level. Restless legs is almost nothing, and I haven't been able to try to sleep as I am spending time with family.
Is it expected to get worse, or is it possible that it's just downhill from here even tho I did dose during WD?

I wouldnt expect this to be that bad of a withdrawal. Its all perspective though. What seems like a mild one to me, might be the worst youve had. For this reason, its hard for a a stranger to gauge intensity.

A positive mental attitude will go further than you think.

I wouldnt expect this to be that bad of a withdrawal. Its all perspective though. What seems like a mild one to me, might be the worst youve had. For this reason, its hard for a a stranger to gauge intensity.

A positive mental attitude will go further than you think.

You're definitely correct. I've been using heroin for around 5 years only using once a month or so, sometimes a few days, some very minor withdrawal. This is around the longest I've used in consecutive days, and the withdrawal feels relatively shitty. Great advice though, and the positive feedback is very motivating and very much appreciated.

To give another update tho, it's hour 40+ since my last dose with no noticeable symptoms. Fatigue is there but due to my lack of sleep recently I'm attributing it to that, as well as the fact fatigue can be longer lasting than other symptoms. Either way, it is nothing compared to what I felt the first couple days, and I'm feeling great.

This has been a wake up call for me tho, because if I can't handle the withdrawal easily from such short usage and such small doses, I don't have the willpower and strength to keep trying to be chipping like this. I figure if using once a month like before becomes too difficult a task, I'll just give it up altogether. Fuck it, I'll just stop now and quit while I'm ahead.