• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Redose or not with xanax

the red shark

Bluelighter
I picked up my Xanax script late so have a bit of room to play with. I took about 14mg yesterday by redosing in 4-6mg thrughout the day along with 4mg of clonazepam and didn't get as cozy or sedated than I would have liked. Would I be better to take 10mg-12ish in one go or redosing.

I was prescribed12 mg a day but i reduced that to 6mg so my tolerance is quite high. I also take Valium and clonazepam just so I have long lasting benzos in my system as well. I normally don't need all 6mg which is how I have spare Xanax by just taking 4mg instead. That just takes the edge off though.

I picked up my Xanax script late so have a bit of room to play with. I took about 14mg yesterday by redosing in 4-6mg thrughout the day along with 4mg of clonazepam and didn't get as cozy or sedated than I would have liked. Would I be better to take 10mg-12ish in one go or redosing.

I was prescribed12 mg a day but i reduced that to 6mg so my tolerance is quite high. I also take Valium and clonazepam just so I have long lasting benzos in my system as well. I normally don't need all 6mg which is how I have spare Xanax by just taking 4mg instead. That just takes the edge off though.
Sounds like you have a bit of a tolerance.

12mg of Xanax along with some Diazepam would have most people cozy and sedated but if it's not doing it for you i would suggest cutting down on your Benzo intake as trouble will lie ahead.

I used to be a heavy abuser of Benzos (albeit at doses that are suicidal) and when time came to stop it was (is) hell.

I don't mean to trivialize your situation, and I don't know your diagnosis or how long you've been on benzodiazepines, in my opinion though, any doctor who prescribes that much Xanax is a criminal. The absolute maximum Xanax you should be taking is 10 milligrams a day in the most extreme cases of panic disorder. That's 10 milligrams of Xanax alone as well not plus clonazepam and diazepam.

Its good that you've cut your dosage in nearly half but If you ever intend to get of these drugs while your still on planet earth I highly recommend you titrate down more into the lowest possible required dosage to take care of your diagnosis so when you decide to stop, you can.

How on earth are you scripted that much? Or are you making it up and you're obtaining extra on the side? I cannot see ANY doctor prescribing that much. Frankly you could sue his ass to the floor for that kind of dose.

If you continue this you're going to do significant damage to your endocrine system, and probably and most likely permanently destroy neurone connected to the GABA system of your brain. If this happens, you'll find that you'll never be able to live a normal life again, continually have to take benzos (wake up during the night and take a high dose) as your body can't regulate itself anymore. Those kind of doses are ASTRONOMICAL and if you're abusing it for a long period of time, you're in deep shit.

I just cannot understand for the life of my why doctors are prescribing such high doses, and for such long term. Xanax was meant to be a once in awhile thing when you really really need it for panic attacks. But yet I see so many patients whose doctors have kept them on xanax for YEARS...... seems irresponsible.

i redose alot with xannies works fine for me just know that the expirience is going to be a complete black out
I usually take less than the dose i started with ill usually take 1 and a half bars and then redose on half a bar and ride that buzz

Yeah, as all others have said, that is a monstrous dose. Are you sure there wasn't typos or any errors explaining the dosage? Unless your doctor would know some extra info, like if you've been HEAVILY abusing benzos for a while now and have a tolerance that high, although that still leaves the question of why they would continue to prescribe the meds to you.

If my benzo tolerance was that I high I would probably start looking into another class of drug for recreation. It's hard to believe a doctor would actually prescribe somebody this high of a dose but there it is I suppose. Seems almost wasteful.

Thats astronomical! I'm not condoning or suggesting anyone do this because it's illegal but can you imagine how much doe you could be making if you didn't take any and just sold it all? lol what is it like 2mg each pill. (number) a pill. So 12mg a day times 30days is 360mg divided by 2mg is 180 pills times (number) is (bigger number)! Every month haha that's crazy. Good side hustle but like I said totally illegal.
Blue

Last edited by a moderator: