• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin redness

Whosajiggawaaa

Bluelighter
IV heroin - redness everywhere

weird, just got the rush of my life from shooting a new batch of dope I got from a trusted source. gave me the worst pins and needles i ever had (so severe i was clenching my fists to ride out the pins and needles - they only lasted around 30 secs to a minute max.

but it turned my face, neck , arms and top of my chest red for about 10 - 15 mins, then that passed. talking red AF!

my face started getting flushed during the rush (this has happened before just never as intense) but this was particularly intense, I could feel the pulsating of the flushing in my cheeks.

Now I usually take 50 - 100 mgs of cyclizine half an hour before i shoot up for the nauseau, but today I ran out and have had absolutely no antihistamines what so ever.

There was never any pain at all and it did pass leaving me with a strong nod and nausea now (wish I had some damn cyclizine or any anti histamine!!!!)

all pharmacies are closed at this hour unfortunately.

Was this reaction anything to worry about (dangerous) ? or you reckon it could have been avoided by antihistamines and was a histamine reaction. i have to add this was a bigger than usual shot.

now at roughly the hour mark after the shot. all redness anywhere has passed , nothing at the injection site (shot was flawlessly delivered if i do say so myself, can't see anything but a tiny red dot). i'm left with strong sedation and bad nausea, really wish I could find some cyclizine

feel like i wanna pass out somewherez

Last edited:
im guessing it not a big indication of danger seeing as ive scoured the net and am still nonethewiser. redness lasting up to 15 mins post big injection of H - i'll chalk it up to histamines being that i always take a strong antihistamine preinjection and that time was the exception.

antihistamines are controlling the reaction tonight,

just worried the redness could be BP skyrocketing.

Last edited:
Sounds like a histamine release, could be your dope is purer than normal... it'll do that at higher doese, esp. IV usage.

I had a buddy of mine who IV'd a big bolus of (verified pure) heroin and didn't account for the purity... aside from almost needing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation (thank god he didn't) he was all puffed up like an allergic kid who got stung by a wasp. Sweaty, flushed skin, big ol' puffy lips... and curiously he felt like shit rather than feeling good.

Histamine sucks.

I've found that rubbing cold water over my face, neck, lower back or dipping my hands in water helps calm it down.

I've had it so severe once it felt like ny heart was gonna explode. Fortunately, it was over quick.

Sounds like you took too much, and not having your usual antihistamine probably worsened things

The histamine release put a damper on the high. my symptoms sounds identical t your friend down to the weird lips sekio- thankfully mine only lasted 15 mins.
It was the strongest high i ever gotten i still maintain. but the histamine really subtracted from it. and I can see how if one genuinely got in a panic about it it might ruin ones high quite badly. i fortunately didn't panic. so i still enjoyed the nod which continued many hours after the 10-15 mins of histamine release faded away - and the rush was memorable.
Lesson, always have anti histamines on hand if you feelin heroic (or stupid) with your H dose sizes. always have antihistamines on hand period in fact.