• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Red Dwarf Lives (Season 10)

TheDeceased

Ex-Bluelighter
I'm a huge fan of Red Dwarf, but the recent specials (Back to Earth) were incredibly bad. Naylor said he made them as a test to see if Dwarf still had any life in it. They were produced in a very short amount of time on a shoestring budget and received mostly terrible reviews. Despite this, somehow, Naylor has managed to find investors for an entirely new season with a proper budget and a massively long production schedule - despite preproduction already beginning, the episodes aren't expected to air until late 2012.

I expect it to be better than the recent specials, and probably better than Season 8 - I'm just looking forward to a Rimmer/ Lister hit after so long.

Any other fans? Should this be made? Your thoughts?

i used to love this show back in the early 90's. when my summers at the grammy's meant no cable, just PBS. :/ thank god for PBS for bringing some quality tv to bored youngsters. however, i tried rewatching a few years back and it just didn't interest me too much anymore.

i used to love red dwarf and i think the show really delivered some excellent ideas, well implemented especially in season 3.

alasdair

WHAAAAA?!?!

Red dwarf is coming back?!!? Great! I am a red dwarf junkie, and I've watched every episode multiple times (except the recent specials). Watched them all the time growing up (and black adder as well).

I can't wait.

'step up to red alert!!'

'are you sure, sir? it does mean changing the bulb...'

This is like, one of my favourite shows ever! I was not religious until just now and I've started praying this is not a let down like the back 2 earth shows!

I still haven't seen the 'Back To Earth' specials. I have them recorded on my Sky+ but have so far avoided watching them, having read the dismal reports of their content. I can't say I was that surprised. The 'comeback' Series VII sucked major balls, and I couldn't bear to watch all of Series VIII, despite them going back to a live studio audience (incidentally, the recorded 'laugh track' they used in Series VII was noticeably jarring).

A lot of the charm of the earlier shows was, in part, due to the inherent cheapness of the sets, which kinda complemented the off-kilter humour... and it worked brilliantly. I'm afraid the changes in Series VII and the goofy computer animations just didn't work. I hope they go back to the older style for any forthcoming scripts.