• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

rectal bleeding from opiate constipation?

yes, i read the same about fiber not helping, but i have increased my fiber intake anyway. because the internet says all kinds of crazy things, so i put common sense before the internet.

i am very appreciative of all the replies. i see magnesium mentioned more than once, so i will use that in addition to miralax. i am guessing it is a tear, not hemorrhoids, but that guess is only because it does not hurt to wipe. i bought wet wipes and am being very gentle anyway. because emphasis on "guessing."

yes, it does look like a lot of blood, CFC. horrifying indeed. but bluelight is great, and all these replies and suggestions have got me calmed down. i will get through this and remember for next time i take bupe that this side effect is pronounced (for me at least). and by next time i mean after this taper, because although i am tapering very quickly i'm not gonna cold turkey. life is busy and i don't believe in choosing severe withdrawal. isn't healthy and is scarring.

i already take flax seed in my morning smoothies, and will check my grocery store for psyllium husks. sounds like the kinda thing trader joe's is gonna have.

again, cannot say thank you enough for the support and replies. boy was i scared.

Just so you know, internal hemorrhoids usually cannot be felt, but they also tend to bleed more. It could also be a tear though yes. Either way I'm glad we've helped you stay calm. Anyone would get freaked out seeing huge amounts of blood come out their body. But it should also be noted that when you get blood on toilet paper it looks like a lot more than it actually is.

Magnesium will help a lot if you also drink a lot of water, just make sure you do NOT get magnesium oxide as it has pretty much zero BA. Magnesium citrate is generally considered the best but really anything aside from oxide is good. You can get big bottles of magnesium citrate 250mg on Amazon cheap.

yes, i read the same about fiber not helping, but i have increased my fiber intake anyway. because the internet says all kinds of crazy things, so i put common sense before the internet.

Smart call. I found it weird that it was the NHS saying it though. That's the actual healthcare system in the UK and usually their advice is very good because it's written and reviewed by medical professionals. I've also seen the same thing printed in PDF files intended for use by GP's. Apparently it's the opinion of doctors that fibre doesn't help opiate constipation. Again I found this to be untrue. But actual doctors believe it.

While I’d agree that hemaroids are the most likely culprit here and nothing to be too afraid of, I just wanted to jump in and suggest you also mention this to your doctor next time you visit for precaution.

I had a bleed a couple years ago, in similar fashion to you, after a lengthy binge on opiates that left me constipated for weeks.
Put it down to hemoroids and didn’t worry too much.

Few months later I was feeling really lethargic, my stomach was bloated and painful and I realised I’d lost 20 kilo so went to my GP.
He ran some bloods and called me in for a colonoscopy and endoscopy.

All the constipation as well as the nurofen I was popping with my codeine and alcohol etc had caused a perforated lower intestine which caused the bleeding and also meant I was no longer able to absorb nutrients from my food. I was basically slowly starving to death.
I was really lucky in that my perforation healed by itself, I just had to stay away from drugs and alcohol for a while and take care of myself, but MOST times these things require emergency surgery.

Reactions: CFC
I'm just gonna bring this up once more for future reference to anyone reading, because it's something most don't know anything about and tend to overlook, but something they should know about. Especially if they have GI issues, previous ulcers, gastritis, h pylori, or take NSAIDs fairly frequently:

Take zinc carnosine (37.5mg or 75mg twice a day).

It will help heal your gut, restore the mucus membrane, and protect the small intestines from NSAID damage. There is no other drug or supplement that can do that, including things like antacids, PPIs (eg omeprazole) etc, which aren't nearly as effective and do nothing to protect the small intestines.

is it possible? when i go mostly blood is coming out. i did have a few large bowel movements that caused pain a few days ago, so i figure that might explain the bleeding now. i started miralax yesterday and i am rapidly tapering off the suboxone that i think is causing the constipation.

i know i should go to a doctor but i am unemployed and on medicaid. i don't even have my medicaid card yet.

i'm quite afraid and alone. i'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? did getting off the opiate and regaining daily bowel movements make it stop?

thank you
Normal.GET YOURSELF SOME GLYCERIN SUPPOSITORIES I call them my magic ass bullets, lel. i use maye two a year now, but when i first got onto morphine my gosh was the constipation bad... stick it in ya pooper, lie down for 10 minutes, and it'll be MUCH easier if you've got that major constipation don't be afraid to force, i mean don't force till your eyeballs pop out ya know,

also this was my process - 2 days prior i'd take 3 Senocot because fuck stim laxatives, DRINK LOTS OF WATER. NEVER USE FIBER SUPPLEMENTS.
1 day prior more water, 3 senocot, same for 'the day' and then if you can;t go with one suppository, dont follow the'rules of only one per 24hrs, it's a fucking lubricant alright and a great one, so get up, go use two (never had to do that but i know someone who has) and good luck. this will change your life, SENOCOT IS ESSENTIAL, IT WILL AID IN KEEPING YOU REGULAR if neccesary pm me.

It
I'm just gonna bring this up once more for future reference to anyone reading, because it's something most don't know anything about and tend to overlook, but something they should know about. Especially if they have GI issues, previous ulcers, gastritis, h pylori, or take NSAIDs fairly frequently:

Take zinc carnosine (37.5mg or 75mg twice a day).

It will help heal your gut, restore the mucus membrane, and protect the small intestines from NSAID damage. There is no other drug or supplement that can do that, including things like antacids, PPIs (eg omeprazole) etc, which aren't nearly as effective and do nothing to protect the small intestines.

Ironic that you mention the absolute uselessness of antacids. Such a common myth that even the bloody medical profession sell it as helpful.
While I was waiting for my colonoscopy but knew I’d had an internal bleed from blood results both my GP and local pharmacist recommended antacids to ease the discomfort and give me a fighting chance (Aus has public health care so it’s free, but the waiting lists for even emergency treatment can be 3 to 12 months. I waited 4.5)

Completely fucking worthless and didnt even mask the damned symptoms. Luckily I couldn’t stomach alcohol while i waited or I’d likely be dead now.

Wish I’d known about zinc then, I wasted a fuck tonne of cash on nexium for fuck all.

I'm gonna get my girl some zinc carnosine, maybe it will actually help her digestive issues.

never happened like this before. heroin, dilaudid, opana, none of those make it this bad. i think because you get a little sick between doses with those, and that lets you go.

so yes, noted. thanks for the reply, negrogesic. and the additional reply, checktest. i'm going to continue cutting my dose rapidly, eating, working out, drinking water, and taking miralax (first dose was yesterday, just took today's). if it doesn't clear up through that regime, i'll figure out how to see a doc with medicaid and explain everything but the opiate.

thanks again. huge relief to know that it's not unheard of.
Just my experience, I only go once or twice a week, and I engage in bisexual sex, threesome's, orgy's, etc... So I'm not tight like a standard person. I don't remember the site rules listing dosing amounts, so apologizes if I break the rules. It's not uncommon to take to 50-100 30mg Roxi IR plus 360+mg 60mg Morphine ER in a day. Basically a months supply of 4 oxy, 2 morphine, within 4 days. When I do go, I experience intense pain initially and the stool has severe blood around it with a consistency like mucus that's dark red. Toilet paper when I wore is soaked through with pure blood, bright red, with no stool. This is been my normal for 3 years. I limit anal penetration to my own body for a couple days after, and I've had ZERO negative effect. Keep in mind- THIS IS MY PERSONAL STORY AND NOT MEDICAL ADVICE!!!

Sorry, but I come on here to hear from other users as to there storis, not a bunch of people with no experience saying go to the doctor. I want to hear from people who actually have experienced what I am, and how there's turned out, what they did, etc.

i see this thread is still alive. what worked for me was miralax and reducing my dose. latter likely had a more significant impact.

Normal.GET YOURSELF SOME GLYCERIN SUPPOSITORIES I call them my magic ass bullets, lel. i use maye two a year now, but when i first got onto morphine my gosh was the constipation bad... stick it in ya pooper, lie down for 10 minutes, and it'll be MUCH easier if you've got that major constipation don't be afraid to force, i mean don't force till your eyeballs pop out ya know,

also this was my process - 2 days prior i'd take 3 Senocot because fuck stim laxatives, DRINK LOTS OF WATER. NEVER USE FIBER SUPPLEMENTS.
1 day prior more water, 3 senocot, same for 'the day' and then if you can;t go with one suppository, dont follow the'rules of only one per 24hrs, it's a fucking lubricant alright and a great one, so get up, go use two (never had to do that but i know someone who has) and good luck. this will change your life, SENOCOT IS ESSENTIAL, IT WILL AID IN KEEPING YOU REGULAR if neccesary pm me.
The problem with senna laxative is that it can give you stomach cramps that feel exactly the same as when you get food poisoning.the most effective laxative I've ever come across is sugar alcohols like mannitol or xylitol.a teaspoon of that and15minutes later you'll be shitting and it doesn't give you the cramps like senna does

you want a real laxative, smoke a bit of hexen before your morning dose. better take a stool softener first.

When i was using fentanyl I just didn't eat_ no constipation. But I did get estomac bleeding due to vomiting all the time. Had to hydrate via rectal administration of water, to say the least. So I always wonder how do you people eat on opiates? Do you get used to the nausea?

I do not have any experience with opiate-caused obstipation but Im suffering from obstipation from time to time. What helps me a lot is sodium sulphate - 2-3 spoons in a glass of water and then be sure you are near the toilet always because normally it completely cleans your intestinal and everything that is inside comes out.

I don't know if you should take that because my "normal" obstipation is I guess quite another one than caused by opiates, so please correct me if I'm wrong. It was just a thought because it helps me like hell.

Good luck!

JJ

When i was using fentanyl I just didn't eat_ no constipation. But I did get estomac bleeding due to vomiting all the time. Had to hydrate via rectal administration of water, to say the least. So I always wonder how do you people eat on opiates? Do you get used to the nausea?
I eat fine on opiates usually.when binging on oxy or H moderation with sweets goes out the window.when binging on fent I think I was too lazy to
go get food most of the time.i was also to lazy to get a new lighter to smoke the fent and for like 3weeks I was using a candle lit by tissue wicks soaked in alcohol lit by a spark from the dead lighter.i only had to walk 200metres for a lighter or food too.one time I woke up on the floor with candle wax on me after passing out with the candle in my hand.it didn't motivate me to go buy a new lighter.

I eat fine on opiates usually.when binging on oxy or H moderation with sweets goes out the window.when binging on fent I think I was too lazy to
go get food most of the time.i was also to lazy to get a new lighter to smoke the fent and for like 3weeks I was using a candle lit by tissue wicks soaked in alcohol lit by a spark from the dead lighter.i only had to walk 200metres for a lighter or food too.one time I woke up on the floor with candle wax on me after passing out with the candle in my hand.it didn't motivate me to go buy a new lighter.
Loadylol

We'll have to see pics of it to make an identifiable assertion of the matters at hand.

You should take the advice of everyone here but I've been on Suboxone for 10 years okay yes basically ripped your booty hahaha but if it don't go away please get medical attention immediately