• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recreational User but Concerned about becoming dependent

• Thread starter Recreational Xan
  • Start date
R

Recreational Xan

Hi,

I may be posting in the wrong thread or these questions may have been answered, but I feel as if benzo advice is incredibly case dependent.

That being said, I've taken 18 mg over 7 days. This has been daily but when I has exceeded 2mg in a day it has been max 2.5mg. I only has about 9 bars left and concerned about withdrawal symptoms. Can I eat a bar a day till they're gone and have no issues with withdrawal symptoms? I has pretty good mental health so I am not worried about getting too anxious, I just doesn't want to seize. I know I should chill for a bit but will eating the rest of these sticks cause an issue if I do it over a month or so?
Advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working on a theory called the "Addict's Fallacy" in which people feel that they can avoid addiction, ignoring the fact that they are enjoying their drugs "too much". 18mg of Alprazolam over the course of 7 days is not a laughing matter for a naive individual. I'm not saying you're going to die, but you're going rather hard for someone who just wishes to dabble in Benzodiazepines. Is this usage compulsive? Why are you using them and what do you get out of them?

Normally, I feel a month of usage would be on the threshold of developing a dependence, but given the dosages you're taking, a month of 2mg Alprazolam per day will probably end as a shock to your system when the inevitable return to homeostasis comes into play. I think you need to greatly reduce your intake and frequency because I find your current patterns of usage worriesome, not from a judgemental perspective, from a perspective of someone who has known, loved and been addicted to a variety of mind-altering substances.

I'm not gonna be your parent here. I just want you to really consider what you're doing. Benzodiazepine dependence is often considered to be the hardest, most painful dependency to break.

I dabble in caffeine, I have ten grams a week.

I don't think your like explode but I do think your laying the conditioning to motivate your brain to find a way to get more. Everytime you take that pill and it feels good your brain strengths the association. And if you want something bad enough you'll find a way to get more.

My rule of thumb with benzos is never go above 2 mgs xanax , 2 mgs k pin , or 20-30 mgs Valium for 2-3 days straight ever no matter what . Benzos seem to be worse when you dose higher rather than frequently at low doses . I know how hard it is to stop when you're at half a bar and a quarter bar a day so be careful when 1-2 bars do nothing to you and you're like uhh fuck how did I get here

yeah, immediately start to taper. go down a 1/4 bar a night stabilizing two nights each drop til you get to 0. it will be a lot easier, but still may suck a little. expect anxiety and your sleep to be terrible if not non-existent.