• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recreational drugs for someone with high blood pressure?

• Thread starter Unregistered101
  • Start date
U

Unregistered101

I'm 20 years old and have high blood pressure at times. I've been prescribed with a small amount of atenolol, which I take if symptoms of anxiety ensue. I have never tried recreational drugs besides marijuana which gave me a terrible, but temporary anxiety attack as it led me to overthink. With exposure to drugs in the rave scene, I'm considering trying something that will allow me to further enjoy myself but not worsen the effects of anxiety (and typically overthinking). Or should I just stay clear completely?

Thanks

Avoiding all drugs is ideal, but if you are insistent on taking something, it's important you steer clear of stimulants, especially. Which is going to include most party scene drugs.

Rave drugs are exactly what you dont want to take with high blood pressure ketamine, mdma, bath salts, amphetamine, cocaine all have profound effects on blood pressure.

To give you an idea here one time i took amphetmine and my bp went from 108/58 to 148/90 i believe prob off a few points but if you alredy have high blood pressure that but you in a crisis