• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

recreational dose for methadone?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So I've done every opiate that's available. Except methadone. I would say my tolerance is about 45mg oxycodone for a good high. I have the opportunity to acquire 10mg methadones and want to know what dose I should take? I know Done is quite strong and know it's very sedating with not a whole lot of euphoria but id like to try for my self. So what would you suggest?

There plenty of euphoria from Methadone when you aren't used to it.
You should probably start with 5 mg. That should be fine. Give it some time to work. Methadone is some potent stuff.

First time Methadone user with a 45mg Oxy usage should be fine with 5mgs of Methadone.

The euphoria from Methadone varies from person to person.......

I disagree...I don't think 5 mg is going to do all that much to someone used to 45 mg oxy

It also depends if OP is dependent or not--is that 45 mg what you take daily, or what you take once in a while to get a good high?

If you aren't dependent then maybe like 10 mg...I mean with no dependency 5 mg is "safe", but unlikely to give a high, and methadone isn't a good candidate for redose due to long half life. If you *are* dependent on 45 mg oxy then I'd say 15-20 mg methadone.

5mg of Methadone? I'm sorry, but for someone with a tolerance, that's just not going to cut it. Safety first is a great policy, within reason. If OP can handle 45mg of Oxycodone and is seeking a buzz, 20mg is a more reasonable starting point.

Be sure to wait at least 3 hours before redosing if you're not where you want to be. Ideally, wait a little bit longer, as some people metabolize faster than others. While you are getting used to the subtle differences of Methadone when compared to other Opioids, be sure not to use any other CNS depressants. Common killers of recreational Methadone users are those who redose too early and those who use Benzodiazepines and/or alcohol with it.

No one's trying to tell you to be foolhardy or to push the envelope for no reason, it's just a fact that 5mg of Methadone is unlikely to get you what you're after, if what you're after is a recreational Opioid experience. Methadone is already at a disadvantage in terms of euphoria and enjoyment due to it's long onset of effect and duration. I happen to really like Methadone though as a recreational Opioid. Everybody is different. Be careful though OP, Methadone is definitely not to be trifled with.