• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recreational Diphenhydramine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melancholy Hill

Bluelighter
Just a question... Does anyone actually ENJOY the recreational effects of this drug? And if so, can you please enlighten me on how to have a better and more enjoyable experience?

The last time I used Benadryl recreationally, I conversated with my parents for about 15 minutes at a time on several occasions to finally observe my surroundings and realize that they were never even there lol.

That wasn't really so bothersome, though. Actually kind of humorous to me. The only bothersome and uncomfortable thing that drives me crazy while under the influence of this drug is the EXTREME restless legs syndrome I get. I can never lay day and even try to enjoy the buzz because of it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of this effect or at least keep it to a minimal? I understand a hot bath or shower helps, but that is only temporary relief...

Suggestions please!

Last edited:
My suggestion is to not abuse antihistamines. The lasting effects after discontinuation are far worse at recreational levels than most drugs you will see on this forum. These include brain damage which can cause symptoms such as (but not limited to) dementia, depression, sleep disorders and seizures. The reason your legs are restless is because the drug (especially at high doses) inhibits the release of dopamine via the H3 histamine receptor subtype. Low doses seem to be fairly benign (though more recent studies are condemning long term use due to a potential link to neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer's), but at high doses you're essentially starving the brain of essential neurotransmitter activity (dopamine, norepinephrine, acetylcholine etc...). I will leave it at an anecdotal note from a friend of mine. He took 400mg DPH once and experienced a mental fog and lack of coordination for almost five days. It is a common misconception to think that if it didn't happen the first few times, it won't ever happen. I'm sorry if this comes off as turbulent or aggressive, and obviously it's not licensed medical advice, but it is just my two cents and comes from a caring perspective. The best of luck in your endeavors.

IO enjoy it at 100-200mg, although because of the stories or should I say nightmares I've read about DPH.

I sometimes get a bit nervous and anxious from time to time when I'm high on this drug, but most the times it's an enjoyable high, for me anyway.

I would recommend if you are going to take DPH, make sure you have nothing important planned, like a day laid in bed because it really does make you just wanna lie down. I usually just watch films or try play some games, although games can be quite hard to play because your judgement is impaired a lot.

Hey Melancholy and a belated welcome to Bluelight. I'm going to try to give you a brief introduction to the forums. We've been around for some years now and have a pretty large amount of information in different areas. Having been around for a time, you might imagine that certain basic questions get asked repeatedly. Threads regarding the psychoactive nature of Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) are, if I had to guess, approximately a thrice-weekly occurence. So, it's not because we don't want to help you find your answer that this thread will close, it's because your answer can be found quickly and easily through our search tools, which is of benefit to you, the member and is also beneficial to the community as a whole, as we can help cut down on unnecessary clutter.

Your issue being essentially, "Diphenhydramine is kinda fun, but also makes me delirious and feel as if ants are crawling inside my legs" is a commonly cited issue with the sedating antihistamines. They really are just not viable recreational drugs for most of the population. I'm sure street kids from Kampala would go crazy for it in favor of their daily industrial adhesive huff, but they don't have means such as we do. They have an excuse.

Khlozed.

Status
Not open for further replies.