• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Recovery time

Brainfucked

Bluelighter
I last done mdma 4 years ago and my head hasn’t changed since the very last time I done it. I smoked weed for 3 years after that until I went psychotic. The psychotic stage lasted 4 weeks until I returned to how I was before. I have been clean from all drugs including caffeine for 13 months now and haven’t felt myself getting better at all. The symptoms I’ve been having for 4 years is pretty bad anxiety, dp/dr, head has very little feelings pretty hard to be happy feel unstable a lot of the time, sex drive is non existent which is the biggest problem as have just gotten a girl in my life. I have heard it can take 2 years to recover, but have only been clean completely for 13 months and haven’t made any progress. I don’t even know what I’m asking here to be honest but what are your thoughts on the situation?
I would really appreciate any replies thank you for reading

Have you tried regular intense exercise? My brother has suffered from HPPD and that is the number one thing that has been helping him return to normal living

Thanks for reading mate. I eat healthy and stay free from drugs but exercise is the one thing I miss. I have scoliosis and degenerative disks but my head is more important and I’m still able to exercise so I definitely need to give it a go. Cheers

I have scoliosis and degenerative disks but my head is more important and I’m still able to exercise so I definitely need to give it a go. Cheers
I'm a big advocate for correcting musculoskeletal issues to recover from adverse effects of amphetamine abuse.

I would work on fixing your posture if its problematic, especially if you have forward head posture (see cervical retraction exercises). Stretching hip adductors, hamstrings and hip flexors can be invaluable for chronic low back pain. Those muscles being tight is often the cause of the original disk herniations (if these are lumbar herniations).

I'm a big advocate for correcting musculoskeletal issues to recover from adverse effects of amphetamine abuse.

I would work on fixing your posture if its problematic, especially if you have forward head posture (see cervical retraction exercises). Stretching hip adductors, hamstrings and hip flexors can be invaluable for chronic low back pain. Those muscles being tight is often the cause of the original disk herniations (if these are lumbar herniations).

I find the fact fact that you link those two to be very interesting. Can you give me a quick rundown why there might be a relation between amphetamine abuse effects and posture?

I can't speak to their reasoning but I know a couple of friends who have experience/opinions that advanced chiropractic work can fix things that people would never dream of from neurological issues to the CNS. I can't personally speak from experience but it's an interesting topic

I find the fact fact that you link those two to be very interesting. Can you give me a quick rundown why there might be a relation between amphetamine abuse effects and posture?

One of the main things to consider with stimulants (and MDMA) is increased muscle tension. This is quite apparent during e.g. serotonin syndrome or regular amphetamine overdose (rhabdomyolysis from the intense muscle contractions), but even regular use of MDMA/amphetamine can lead to a real increase in e.g. jaw tension.

Sustained use of amphetamines and the catabolic effects of sleep deprivation can certainly lead to atrophy of important postural muscles -> bad posture, but increased muscle tension, problems with spine posture/forward head posture when focusing intensely for long periods or sitting for long periods on amphetamine, and enhanced build-up of scar tissue could all contribute to worsening posture. There are particular neck muscles (scalenes) that get kicked in with adrenaline/anxiety breathing - these muscles can cause problems with cranial nerves because of the way the attach up into the back of the head/neck. There are other musculoskeletal reactions to stress - for example upper trapezius activation (to protect the neck during fight or flight, supposedly) - that can prove deleterious with time.

There could also be stress mediated increases in hip flexor/hip adductor tone, which could certainly lead to chronic low back pain and degenerative disk disease. Chronic deconditioning can also be a major consequence of amphetamine abuse, often over-looked. As important postural muscles weaken from the catabolic effects of amphetamine/sleep deprivation/poor diet, posture can really decay. The disks are soon to follow, though many people seem to blame the disks for their declining health (rather than blame the muscles/posture for the decline of their disks - the former of which they can still fix).