• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovering from Shards

Beetle 6989

Bluelighter
It's Mike I've gone 3 weeks from using meth and from March til recently I quit. I'm 52 and went from 182 lbs to 150. I'm doing this with no rehab and trying to gain the weight back. I just went through a horrible separation and divorce, criminal court and losing my home is rock bottom. I am trying to start getting health but my body is rejecting a lot.
Just wanted to know how everyone got healthy. I belong to celebrate recovery and have good support but my body has been easily out of shape and the oy other stuff I take is prescribed Suboxone. Without rehab how and what helps gain back weight and positive attitude? I can't go back and will not. But my body aches are slowly going away. Like to hear from ppl my age and positive experience!

Hi I hope this is helpful especially the second part about follow through with nutrition and natural remedies like ashwagandha and the importance of attaining good sleep habits and what can help

Hi Mike,

I’ve recovered from 2 periods of meth addiction and written quite a few posts in response to questions like yours. Normally I would write you a fresh one but I’m really tied up at present and don’t have the bandwidth. But I have a special interest in helping people recover from meth so If you run into trouble, can’t get the answers your need from others, are start struggling or not coping with cravings etc please feel welcome to send me private message any time for support and whatever advice I might have from my own experiences.

My second periodic of use and recovery was also in my early 50s and partially associated with family breakdown and emotional trauma - so we probably have a few things in common.

It's Mike I've gone 3 weeks from using meth and from March til recently I quit. I'm 52 and went from 182 lbs to 150. I'm doing this with no rehab and trying to gain the weight back. I just went through a horrible separation and divorce, criminal court and losing my home is rock bottom. I am trying to start getting health but my body is rejecting a lot.
Just wanted to know how everyone got healthy. I belong to celebrate recovery and have good support but my body has been easily out of shape and the oy other stuff I take is prescribed Suboxone. Without rehab how and what helps gain back weight and positive attitude? I can't go back and will not. But my body aches are slowly going away. Like to hear from ppl my age and positive experience!
GO YOU!

Hows your sleep?
My strongest advice is dont try to put on weight, it will come try to use this time to introduce a new healthy relationship with food.
Find an interest or hobby to consume you outside everyday life ( mines tiktok).

GO YOU!

Hows your sleep?
My strongest advice is dont try to put on weight, it will come try to use this time to introduce a new healthy relationship with food.
Find an interest or hobby to consume you outside everyday life ( mines tiktok).
Tiktok = the meth of social media?