• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Reconstituting Ketamine For IM Injection?

Ket15

Greenlighter
I had some powerful experiences with IM ketamine injections, with ketamine from a medical source.

I no longer have access to pharmaceutical grade liquid k, but can get it in powder form.

What are the potential risks of reconstituting it in some bacteriostatic water for injection? Can anybody recommend a safe protocol?

powder form.

If it's powder thats dodgy as fuck, it should be small shards, or crystals, powder could be anything, then again I've had crystals that look like K but are definitely not, buy a testing kit before you try IM

I was going to start this too till I realised street K can be cut to fuck so now I'm to scared,

You'll need sterile water, a deep table spoon, syringe wheel filter (YouTube has videos on how to use them) 1ml syringes I think 29 gage although others prefer a longer needle it depends where you're injecting and how fat you are lol, alcohol wipes and a lighter

Put a small dose no more than 100mg to start, maybe less in a spoon add sterile water, heat a little, A LITTLE till K dissolves, then connect syringe to the wheel filter sucking up the liquid as it shows on YouTube

Check out safe injection websites for the best places to IM, don't inject the needle all the way in incase it snaps off

Remember this is just what I looked up and remembering my day's of IV heroin, before I knew about wheel filters I used ciggerette filters and cotton buds but thars not a good idea

Pharm grade ket is the way to go, don't even bother injecting shady as looking powder/crystals from the street.

I'm too scared to inject street K after what I've found in so called K, but I thought I'd give you the heads up as you'll do it even if we say dont

I assume "powder" just refers to it being in a solid form as opposed to the liquid vials. As stated before ketamine is less of a fine powder and usually more along the lines of coarse rock salt than a powder. The usual reason people grind ketamine to a fine powder is to disguise any miuxture with adulterants/cuts that don't quite resemble ketamine (or even worse, it's some totally other stuff entirely, no lie I once had a buddy who was sold raw triprolidine HCl (antihistamine used in cough syrup) as K... looked nothing like K of course.

If you are confident what you have is pure ketamine, then it's as simple as adding a measured amount of ketamine HCl to a portion of the cleanest water available (it is acceptable to crush the K to a fine powder after weighing to speed its dissolution) and heat gently to bring to a boil for a second or two, then allow to cool to room temperature, draw into syringe, and inject. The combination of the high acidity of ketamine HCl and the boiling will ensure no living organisms will remain alive (not that K grows mould or anything).

Street K can indeed be cut to fuck but just because it can be, doesn't mean it will always be that way. I have done my fair share of IM ketamine before and it's all been reconstituted from powder, and have no complaints. Never had an abscess from IM injections either (though i did get one from a splinter off a piece of f@#$ plywood, the irony)

The usual reason people grind ketamine to a fine powder is to disguise any miuxture with adulterants/cuts

You need to crush it up to snort it better as it is absorbed into your nose better if it's a fine powder rather than K shards, if you just snort it as it is in crystal shards it will damage your nose in the end and its very harsh snorting crystal shards, I've done it a fair few times and it stings more, rips through your nose lol

The finer you crush it up into a powder the better it is for your nose, and the better it absorbs

Hence why alot of people recook K as it then dissolves, evaporates into a fine soft powder ready for snorting

usually that;s done immediately prior to consumption though, If I were shopping and saw ketamine that was pre-crushed I'd treat it with some suspicion.

usually that;s done immediately prior to consumption though, If I were shopping and saw ketamine that was pre-crushed I'd treat it with some suspicion

Oh right yes I get what you mean now, me too, that dealer I bought that random crystal shit off previously had K he called "re-cooked K" I didn't buy that as it was powder and sounded dodgy, why else would a K dealer recook K to sell from it being shards

possibly he meant that it had been converted from liquid to crystal form?

I also don't think you can produce ketamine crystals/shards from rapid evaporation of aqueous K solution. I was taught that crystal growth is a slow process, generally speaking.... the best way to form them being gradually concentrating a saturated solution of K at low temperatures.

possibly he meant that it had been converted from liquid to crystal form?

Nope as his mate had the shards, some very good shit it was too but soon as I started buying off him he had to go back to London due to the lockdown and gave me this other blokes number, when I asked him what this bloke has he said it used to be the same stuff as him but its been re-cooked

Yeah re-cooked so it's easier to bash with crushed up paracetamol or some other white shit lol

I also don't think you can produce ketamine crystals/shards from rapid evaporation of aqueous K solution

Once someone put liquid K in the microwave on a plate, but it's best to let it dry slowly, the slower you let it evaporate the stronger the K is, I've only ever seen it done once, I was scraping all that yummy K off the plate lol

You can also put the liquid in the oven on a low heat, or in a frying pan, or ontop of a cupboard in a warm room which is best apparently

the slower you let it evaporate the stronger the K is,
How do you figure that? ketamine is ketamine, how quickly the water is removed should make zero difference, as I see it. the only difference should be how fine the powder is.

The method with very slow evaporation is the way to go if you want to form the largest feasible crystals though. Not the same thing as evaporating the water, though...

I think it's because cooking it quick evaporates it in such a way the strength is weakened, like burning away the K I have no idea, from what I remember the stuff in the microwave was strong, I'm just repeating stuff I've read on Bluelight and other places on the net but I'm no chemist, I thought recooking K would lose its potency too, as if you're burning away the goodness but apparently not, the first time I had recooked K my friend had to talk me into recooking some K we had telling me it actually works better, so sometimes we do sometimes we don't, I can't tell the difference tbh

Ketamine's melting point is like 280C or something truly crazy. So unless you're really reckless with the flame it shouldn't be a concern.