• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Reclaim with water

Lackasham

Bluelighter
So I was thinking since oil sits on top of water couldn't I boil my nectar collector to get the reclaim out then freeze the water and scrape the claim off of the ice?

It's sketchy to boil / pour boiling water into boro. It usually starts to weaken and or crack once it starts cooling down again because it can't take those rapid temperature changes like quartz can.

I tried this several months ago and made a post about it. Here's a picture of the end product, and not to let you down but mine was garbage. It actually looked like some fire sift but it didn't get me high at all and had a really unpleasant taste. I think in my case all I got was left over lipids from non dewaxed oil but if you really want to try it let us know how it goes. I think I left mine on heat too long and destroyed all the cannabinoids

Here's the old post

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/769644-CD-Social-V-Dab-or-Die-Tryin?p=13277722#post13277722

edit: nvm I see you're going with a completely different tech. This was just boiling water shaken in a rig then left on he stove at the lowest "warm" setting until it all evaporated and turned to flakes.

I'm interested to see how your experiment goes if you follow through with it. Would be nice to get some claim without washing with a solvent

Last edited:
Unfortunately I saw an idea about boiling my piece in milk and drinking the resulting liquid. The milk is cooling and I notice the oily material on top like oil in water and i realized this tech may work to retrieve some reclaim but I'm not sure. I'll report how the milk thing goes but I'm think it won't be pleasant to drink

The milk was unpleasant but effective. I will try the water tech when I get a chance again and will report the results