• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Recently started taking Roxycodone 30mg, am i becoming addicted?

DylanS4C

Greenlighter
So, long story short, i was diagnosed with a temporary form of Arthritis and am prescribed 90 5mg Hydrocodone a month, but about a month ago since the hydrocodone barely touches my pain in the night or in the morning i was introduced to Perc 30s from by a friend. So i took an Oxycodone 30mg IR and well you could say it sure helped with the pain but it also got me high as hell. Ever since then, I've been buying about 1 Roxycodone 30mg a day, and taking it orally at night time mainly just for the high but also for the pain relieving effects. Now ever since about last week i've been taking an Oxy 30 orally at night plus snorting about another 10 - 15mg because my tolerance is slowly going up. I plan on taking a week or two break for my tolerance but I'm starting to get a little worried about becoming dependent. I don't get any W/Ds or anything but I just think about getting high during the day and its the best part of my night. I know it's addicting, I'm going down a bad road, and all that. But if i can maintain a normal life and control myself with just enjoying 1 or maybe 1 and a half at night should i be that worried? It really does help my pain, i just enjoy the high at night. I just relax and watch Netflix. Any advice or opinions? Thanks.

Well you said that you already "think about getting high during the day" this means that you're already psychologically addicted. The only pharmaceutical opiate I've tried is DHC, which is good, I strictly take them 1 or 2 times maximum per month to try and avoid tolerance growing and to a lesser extent psychological addiction. I never tried hydro or oxy nor will I ever try them because I know that I would like them too much.

What I'm trying to say is that you can get high once or even twice per month without having any type of negative effects on the body or on the mind. Pharmaceutical opiates are extremely safe, the biggest problem with them is the addiction and when your life starts to revolve around getting high. Another problem is that with strong opiates like oxy you'll still psychologically crave them even if you're taking them on rare occasions.

However it all depends on your willpower if you make a schedule like a usage 1-2 per month and you see that you can maintain it, then its good for you.

But if you start making excuses to yourself like "oh its saturday night I'm at home doing nothing I'll just pop some oxy, nothing will happen if I take it 3 times in a month" attitude then it means you are going down the wrong road, because those 3 times will later become 4, then you'll find yourself popping oxy's every weekend and two months later you'll start taking them even during the week. This is the wrong attitude that may lead you to a severe addiction

Last edited:
Yes, you are already addicted. I dont know if your dependent on them yet but if you arent it wont take long. You could cut one into 4 pieces and take a quarter in the morning, another mid day and another before bed, roxi 30s are notorius for hooking people and keeping a nice firm grip on them but if your worried about WD, you should taper off and work your way down to a low single dose a day, but thats if your truly worried. You for sure dont need a whole roxi 30 for arthrits, and snorting them is gonna take you down a road you wish you never taken, trust me. Started where you are at, and graduated up to my close friend heroin. Same thing, different form. My advise is too, for 1. Stop snorting them, 2 if you want to get high and relieve pain, atleast just take half and orally, and once a day after youve weened off . Youll start building tolerance and 1 and a half a day just wont cut it anymore. And trust me, those are he words of every future addict. I use to say that too and think that, ohh ill just do 2 and ill be good, next day you wont alittle more and about a week later your doing 5 or 6 a day and before you know it youve fucked yourself. Just be careful and wise

Last edited:
you know youre heading down a bad road, it might be too late already... just for shits n giggles, try not taking any for 3 days. you might be so scared from how shitty you feel that you turn back now. and that would be best... turn back now.

You're obviously not going to have killer withdrawals after only using a short time. The brain takes time to make the changes that lead to wd when you don't take the drug. Plus roxy only lasts about 3-4 hours so if you were dependent you would be dosing several times per day

So you don't need to "wean down" as someone said.

Taking a few days off would be a good idea. Prepare to feel lethargic/no energy, you may experience bounce back pain where it's worse than normal (that will level out), and your mind may obsess. Better to go through that than what would be in store in you continue as you are

If you keep taking them daily you will eventually become dependent

I wouldn't say you are "addicted" yet. On the road? Maybe. Lot of variables that only you know

Stick to maybe once a week taking the roxy for fun, take your regular meds as needed (I'd try not to take them daily either. Opioids really are not the best treatment for arthritis. NSAIDs like meloxicam usually do better) , and nip your issue in the bud

If you gotta ask "am I getting addicted?" there is some sort of "problem,concern,worry,etc..."

Rule of Thumb: If you gotta ask yourself "Do I have a problem w/ _____.?" 9 out of 10 times you do.

based on the title of your thread,
YES
addicition has most likely already set in, and if not, it is inevitable, with any type of daily opiate use.

Yep as the others have said you are mentally addicted. I'm also psychologically addicted, my tolerance has gone up from 10mg of oxy to get me blasted to 30mg for a mild to moderate high in ~8 months. Chasing the high isn't sustainable long term especially if you need opiates for pain, how will you describe to your doctor why you need a huge increase in dose when your tolerance grows more and more.

Even if you have a limitless supply of meds eventually you just won't be able to get as high as you used to and will need a massive dose to get any satisfaction.

Yes Dylan, you are heading down the road to opiate addiction no doubt. It's very easy to use pain as an excuse to keep taking oxy, it is a legitimate excuse/reason but either way it will still lead to an addiction that may shape your existence for many years to the rest of your life. Don't end up like me or plenty of other addicts on this board. I require a minimum of 100-140mgs twice per day and I don't even get that much analgesia from those doses, it's gotten to the point where I'm largely just keeping myself from being opiate sick which is the inevitable outcome when using opiates chronically.

As a chronic pain sufferer, and even though I am required to take opiates (oxy in this case) these are the things that I would do differently if I could go back 2 years.

1. Oxycodone is supposed to be dosed every 12 hours minimum, I would make myself wait the full 12 hours before taking my next dose
2. I would only take an amount that gave me moderate analgesia as opposed to dosing to kill pain and get high
3. Instead of dosing to a rigid schedule I would only take my next dose if my pain is preventing me from functioning therefore quite a bit of pain.
4. Once a particular dose is no longer working as well as it did I would not keep increasing the dosage but rather drop it down a little for a
week until the dose I dropped back from became effective again.
5. Only use for pain rather than for anxiety & depression, I would seek out counselling and medications suitable for anxiety/panic & depression
6. Resist the urge to increase physical activities that would exacerbate my pain because I feel good due to taking medication.

The aim for employing the above disciplines would be to attempt to keep drug tolerances down by ultimately taking less of the drug less often. Take Care Dylan, I hope things work out ok for you mate and that your pain issues are sorted out to a manageable degree or better yet completely pain free!!!