• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Recently started getting extreme paranoia while high

kurtcocaine

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so i've been smoking weed for 5 years now and always loved it. I've never had a problem with being paranoid while high until these past few months. I have no idea what it's from and it's really frustrating not enjoying something that has become a daily habit for me. I've heard from some people that if you have a bad acid trip smoking can bring you back to that bad trip. And to be honest the paranoia I feel started happening after I had my bad trip. It's like whoever I am I get super paranoid that are judging me to the extreme and I start to overthink things to the point that I am so uncomfortable I want to leave the whole situation and sit outside by myself to calm down. Any ideas on what is causing this or how I can make this stop happening to me?

Hey kurt, sorry to hear about your situation. Tbh, you might try a tolerance break or cutting back drastically for the next few months. Maybe try smoking less if you don't want to quit... but if it is causing you paranoia and anxiety it probably won't stop for a while.

That's unfortunate. I had friends that spontaneously freak out on weed (no offense) and I really understand paranoia. I disagree with the previous poster, because you should smoke more weed to raise your tolerance. Simply smoke as much as you feel like, maybe in a different location. Perhaps you need better friends orbetter weed. Smoke a little at a time and try to relax, assure yourself that nothing is wrong, and everyone else is probably as high as you.

That's unfortunate. I had friends that spontaneously freak out on weed (no offense) and I really understand paranoia. I disagree with the previous poster, because you should smoke more weed to raise your tolerance. Simply smoke as much as you feel like, maybe in a different location. Perhaps you need better friends orbetter weed. Smoke a little at a time and try to relax, assure yourself that nothing is wrong, and everyone else is probably as high as you.

we are all free to think what we will, but being that he has been smoking for 5 years and has recently had a bad acid trip...I don't think this is good advice, but yeah to each their own. Personally, I just think it would be good for his psyche.. giving himself some time to get his feet back on solid ground so to speak.

Had the same thing happen to me, but it happened at the end of the first year of constant smoking. It never went away for me. But hey, you're different. Maybe you can power through this. I know paranoia well, live with it daily. I hope it's not going to keep happening to you, being paranoid while high is gnarly, and not in a good way.

hey kurtcocaine, welcome to BL :) the anxiety you're experiencing could be tied into trauma caused during your bad trip. Two things I find really help are to get some time alone while stoned, so that other people can't amp up your paranoia, and to try meditation exercises (e.g. deep breathing, visualizing). The first is kind of a prerequisite for the second anyway, and visualization can get pretty intense but it's a good segue to increasing awareness of your mental state and being able to root out the irrational thoughts that drive your feelings of paranoia.

1) smoke less (and in different environments),
2) smoke different strains,
or 3) stop smoking

most of the paranoia I had while smoking weed was the result of fears of being "busted"...when there was no chance of being caught I never had any paranoid thoughts, except on a couple of occasions (one in which I feared my next door neighbors were plotting to murder me...completely irrational) Anyway, I've smoked weed thousands of times since and have never experienced anything like that again, so I think you can improve...not to say that it's a certainty, just that it's possible