• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Rebound Anxiety: Alcohol vs Benzos

higherconciousness

Bluelighter
What substance typically creates more rebound anxiety? I feel like the subsequent anxiety induced by benzos is more pronounced and last longer. Is one harder on the GABAergic system than the other? I’ve been using benzos 1-2 times every week or so and have noticed my rebound anxiety is progressively getting worse. I’ll be on edge and hypersensitive for a 3-4 days after 1-2 mg of etizolam. When I consume alcohol I might feel slightly bad the following day, but it tends to clear up faster.

Benzos without a doubt. I get horrible rebound anxiety on most GABA drugs but alcohol is actually one of the few I can enjoy with minimal rebound.

Alcohol I feel really anxious day 1-2 then it fizzles out super quick. Benzos I’ll feel it for a week plus and it can impede normal behavior.

-GC

Benzos have far, far worse rebound anxiety. I'm not sure if i even really experience rebound anxiety from alcohol.

I get up to 5 days of rebound anxiety from just a single 2mg dose of etizolam but i have been horribly addicted to benzos in the past and have gone through 2 full blown benzo withdrawal syndromes in the past. This makes me extremely sensitive to benzo withdrawal. A large dose (like 6mg or more of etizolam) will have me feeling awful for a up to a week. If its a very large dose (like 10mg or more) the following days ill be an anxious shell of a person, highly dissociated and barely talking.