• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Reasonable (meth)amphetamine binges?

ElegiesOfDeath

Greenlighter
So I know amphetamines, and methamphetamine are drugs that are very easy to binge on. Assuming I follow binge tips (ie: stay hydrated, make yourself eat, vitamins, etc) what should be the stopping mark? This is in regards to staying up for 24+ hours. What do you consider a reasonable binge?

I'm not sure what form of the drug you plan on consuming, but it is generally said that it is pointless to exceed 60 mg of pharmaceutical-grade amphetamine within a 24 hour period. There is a so-called "ceiling." However, when I was into taking Adderall, I would (most likely unnecessarily and definitely ill-advisedly) take 100-200 mg in 2 or 3 doses within 24 hours. This was, of course, with a high tolerance. The comedowns were more often than not ruthless.

in my experience when taking amphetamines I wouldnt stay up for a day or two then stop, cause after that i would get high anymore i would be just awake and be more prone to hallucinations the sleep deprevation would cause

I would argue that the particular form of the amphetamine (and the dose levels, obviously) and the route of administration are key factors to answering your question (the fact that 'reasonable' is an inherently subjective term should also be noted). That being said, I think any binge which causes the loss of more than one night of sleep to be (once again, subjectively) past the point of reasonable use. Two nights of no sleep really starts to rack up stress on the body/mind that most would say is past the level of harmless use. I personally consider a binge involving 2 sleepless nights to be the very most the average person could indulge and still fall within the general field of being "reasonable".

Of course, a binge like this (causing two sleepless nights) loses any sense of being 'reasonable' if it's repeated without generous spacing between sessions. The toll on the mind/body can really accumulate quickly as many (including myself) would readily attest.

I was up for 24 days. Reality was questionable and it was stupid. One thing I learned about that drug. You got yourself ringer. You shouldn't go more than three days straight. After three day insanity begins in the form of dots and mistaken identity of situation.

After 3 days of cocaine binge i was seeing spiders crawling on me, i could imagine a meth binge what youd be like after that