• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Reason UK OTC codeine only goes up to 8mg with paracetamol but 12.8 with ibuprofen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxyloveUK

Bluelighter
Would be nice to mix the two if over the counter cocodamol went up to 12.8 too

If you compare generic paracetamol and ibuprofen tablets, the maximum safe dose for paracetamol is 2 * 500mg. * 4 per 24 hours, whereas the maximum safe dose for ibuprofen is 2 * 200mg. * 3 per 24 hours. So over the course of a day, you would still only be getting slightly more codeine with the ibuprofen than with the paracetamol (38.4mg. aot 32mg.)

what kind of condition would you need for a doctor to consider prescribing them? I have chronic feet and knee pain due to pronated feet, the OTC meds just don't help for that

Just a fair warning that condition coaching and doctor shopping are strictly verboten on BL. If you are not sure what that means it means questions like the one quoted here: not allowed.

Several posts removed cos... do y'all really need a reason? 8)

Keep it at least reasonably civil, please, all of y'all... :!

(and yes that does cover even the most... creatively brilliant forms of shit-talking each other - yes that does mean you, persons unknown ;))

what kind of condition would you need for a doctor to consider prescribing them? I have chronic feet and knee pain due to pronated feet, the OTC meds just don't help for that

The wouldn't ever....

That's the basis of my argument with that clown (sorry shambles but you know me and how serious I take my job...I won't stand for that....from ANYONE).

Clown? stop replying if you have a problem. What response do you expect? I never said I got a script for "oxy amps" end of story, youre obsessed with that. plus you aint a doctor, one drug using healthcare worker who pops 50 tramadol and talks, get over yourself

Forever changes if your pain is bad enough and other things dont work theres no reason you shouldnt get oral oxycodone but gps have experience and can usually see if youre drug seeking so make it look legit regardless of what you want it for :)

Last edited:
Clown? stop replying if you have a problem. What response do you expect? I never said I got a script for "oxy amps" end of story, youre obsessed with that. plus you aint a doctor, one drug using healthcare worker who pops 50 tramadol and talks, get over yourself

Forever changes if your pain is bad enough and other things dont work theres no reason you shouldnt get oral oxycodone but gps have experience and can usually see if youre drug seeking so make it look legit regardless of what you want it for :)

Firstly I'm not a "drug using healthcare worker" and the story regarding the tramadol was from over 20 years ago...

Secondly, you DID say you got a script for oxy amps as was proven in that thread....

You're a lying piece of shit.....and I'll reply as much as I feel like just in case anyone wasn't clear on the fact....

Stop backtracking on your bullshit and blatant lies once you've been called out...you fucking clown.

Youre still a healthcare worker who used drugs and are around narcotics on a daily basis. And talks that way over a misunderstanding^ thank god I wasnt involved with you as a patient

I never said "script" and never even used the word "oxy amps" I said it was from a doctor (in a hospital) and it got pointless to reply to your obsessive interrogation thinking you know it all because you work in the nhs. Read before firing

deary me

your story about tramadol is obvious real BS but im not bothered

Like I said stop replying if you have a problem

Last edited:
Youre still a healthcare worker who used drugs and are around narcotics on a daily basis

Lol...point being what?

Yet again more backtracking since you're full of shit

I never said "script" and never even used the word "oxy amps" I said it was from a doctor (in a hospital) and it got pointless to reply to your obsessive interrogation thinking you know it all because you work in the nhs. Read before firing

Semantics..

You said you self administered oxycontin injections given to you by a doctor....were called out on your bullshit by both members and moderators alike with the strong suspicion of your motives for doing so possibly being your intention to sell drugs on the forum.

your story about tramadol is obvious real BS but im not bothered

Unlike yourself, I'm not someone known to make things up and not a proven liar (as you are)...and if you're "not bothered" why keep mentioning it?

And I'll reply whenever I feel like it...

You keep repeating your slanderous lies and I'll keep pointing yours out...

When did I say self administered? You clearly cant read. I said I had 5mg iv oxy a while ago.

I also didnt say "oxycontin" injections (they dont even exist, such an expert you are huh) I said injectable oxycodone. I havent made anything up and Im not a proven liar. I dont care what you have to say

you can reply but it just shows if youre so good at your job youd have better things to do than go nuts over misinterpretations. obsessing on what one stranger may or may not have had and getting violent over it

unstable healthcare worker as well as drug use, perfect

Last edited:
When did I say self administered? You clearly cant read. I also didnt say oxycontin injections (they dont even exist, such an expert you are huh) I havent made anything up and Im not a proven liar. I dont care what you have to say

you can reply but it just shows if youre so good at your job youd have better things to do than go nuts over misinterpretations

Lol....you're so full of shit...

So it seems the entire thread, mods alike somehow "can't read" either then eh?

They may have misunderstood and like I said it was my mistake how I phrased it but they didnt big themselves up like you thinking you know everything. They also didnt get violent taking it so seriously

I didnt use the words "oxy amps" "injectable oxycontin" (doesnt exist mr nhs expert) or any of that

Youre a proven healthcare worker that is into drugs and lashes out over nothing, must be great characteristics.. I had no problem with you until you got like that

Just get lost mate, if im that bad stop replying and take your sh*t stirring somewhere else

Last edited:
Would be nice to mix the two if over the counter cocodamol went up to 12.8 too

It would, but seeing as no body cares and would rather just fling insults ar each other I think that for the best we will leave it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.