• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Really interesting how many people are into synthetic Psychedelics here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetanoiaMan

Bluelighter
Why are so many people here doing LSD and all these altered chemical iterations of it? Are you guys not able to get naturally occurring Psychedelics? You know LSD involves dopamine alteration which is linked with Psychosis, which neither mushrooms or cacti, create in the brain. Can you guys not get the naturals? I'm curious...

Why are so many people here using computers and all these electronic communication devices? Are you guys not able to use natural ways to communicate? You know digital devices cause detachment from physical reality, which is linked with loneliness and depression, which neither talking or handwriting create in the brain. Can you guys not hold a pen? I'm curious...

I use both natural and synthetic psychedelics. Everything is made up of chemical compounds. There are plants that kill you, and plant drugs that are some of the most dangerous ones you could possibly use. I find the world of synthetic psychedelics very fascinating, because it has created a huge array of unique compounds that are not the same as the classics, though there are similarities. Some of them aren't anything I'd ever try, or are things I've tried but don't care to keep using, but some of them are every bit as good as the plant psychedelics, just different. And since they're different they have different uses and in any case are worth exploring.

LSD is semisynthetic, not fully synthetic. 2C-x and DOx are fully synthetic. Not that any of this means jack shit from a pharmacological point of view.

Once again you have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. LSD being a dopamine agonist has f- all to do with its 'semisynthetic' status. Compared to other psychedelics; LSD is actually quite unique in this regard... the most logical explanation is that it is an ergoloid. Its relatives include cabergoline, ergotamine, bromocriptine and a whole load of other anti-prolactin/anti-Parkinsonian drugs. LSA (Morning Glory seeds) most likely has affinity for DA receptors too.

Dopamine is bad because it is linked to psychosis... brilliant logic. I don't suppose you hold a degree in neuropsychiatry as well as religious studies???
I do believe LSD is more likely to induce acute psychiatric symptoms than the others due to dopamine agonism, but this is not a reason to stay away from it. There are no end of reports of people having psychotic episodes on shrooms and cactus as well so once again I will urge you to GTFO. You know the answers to your stupid questions already... you're only here to judge and mock people.

Natural psychedelics are shit. Poison if you ask me. Things I'd only touch if I was desperate to get high and had no Gasoline or Cough syrup. Synthetic psychedelics are intended for consumption. Natural psychedelics have their compounds in them to DETER consumption. So please, take your psuedoscientific BS out of this thread.

^^ You'd rather do gasoline than mushrooms? Come on dude...

Natural psychedelics are far from shit, mushrooms and cactus are some of my favorite psychedelics. One day I'll do ayahuasca. Ibogaine helped save my life. But I also love the synthetics. It doesn't have to be an either or thing...

Why are so many people here using computers and all these electronic communication devices? Are you guys not able to use natural ways to communicate? You know digital devices cause detachment from physical reality, which is linked with loneliness and depression, which neither talking or handwriting create in the brain. Can you guys not hold a pen? I'm curious...
Hahahah... I knew someone would have a good retort.

And for Christ's sake dude, lots of us use both. I've had my fair share of mushrooms and HBWR seeds and they blow hard compared to most synthetics/semi-synthetics due to nausea and difficulty of ingesting them. I find mushrooms too self-critical in ways that are not helpful to personal growth. HBWR seeds just make me sick... Whereas LSD was the miracle mankind was waiting for, it has played such a pivitol role in the last decades in shaping society, and unlike mellow mushrooms that just leave you cold, sad/one with a carpet and confused (which isn't to say I've never enjoyed mushrooms, just that there is much more discomfort with them), LSD gives God-like clarity that could only come from a synthesis of man and nature's best and brightest.

So yeah. That's why I like LSD and rarely eat mushrooms.

Well, no, LSD is not linked to psychosis. Mushrooms and LSD are like apples and oranges. They have different uses. For most people it isn't a case of one or the other. Anyway, in the alternate universe where our plants took the path of developing LSD and Psilocybin is the synthetic, I'm sure people are making the exact opposite argument you're making.

If people happen to prefer psychedelics derived from plants, then fair enough. But the idea that synthetics are somehow objectively lesser chemicals is ridiculous, unfounded and dogmatic.

The fact of the matter is that psychedelics are undoubtedly the most powerful psychological medicines known to man, and that includes synthetic chemicals.

Take old humble MDMA for example. Arguably the most empathetic, love inducing substance on the planet; brilliant at forming connections between people and really opening them up. Currently being studied for a variety of uses including being pretty much the only existing cure for PTSD. Just appeared on the planet and pretty much invented the electronic music scene as we know it.

and it has no place because it's not in a fucking plant?

Last edited:
>altered chemical iterations
>mushrooms not linked with psychosis
>natural psychedelics have no effect on dopamine

hFkLKiK.png

Last edited:
What if some plant evolves in the future to produce a new psychedelic chemical (and this is almost sure to happen at some point)? if someone discovered it in a lab first, would it make it lesser? Would it stop being lesser when the plant started producing it? What about if some future offspring of lysergamide producing plant starts to produce LSD at some point? Will LSD then become okay for you?

It's totally arbitrary.

Why are so many people here doing LSD and all these altered chemical iterations of it? Are you guys not able to get naturally occurring Psychedelics? You know LSD involves dopamine alteration which is linked with Psychosis, which neither mushrooms or cacti, create in the brain. Can you guys not get the naturals? I'm curious...

Each psychedelic has a unique flavor.

Taste the rainbow.

Have you heard of the appeal to nature fallacy?

Like Crashing said, each psychedelic has unique subtle difference in effects.

Trying different psychedelics is a bit like trying different wine and cheese.

Please use the report function if you have an issue with a post or poster.

Personal attacks and name calling will not be tolerated no matter who they are from or to. If you think a thread disrupts the atmosphere we work for here you have two options alongside reporting it: ignore it and let it drift into obscurity, or post something constructive and polite to move the topic back to our community demeanour.

We already have a thread on this so I'm locking this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.