• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

real or fake opiates???

Mystic917

Greenlighter
I have been having A LOT of issues with all of these fake opiates going around. ALL different kinds!! Does anyone know of a good testing kit that will tell me if they are real or fake?

The Mecke test kit checks for the presence of opiates, opiates being drugs derived from the opium poppy: heroin, morphine and codeine. There is no reliable test to easily and cheaply check for fentanyl or fentanyl analogues yet (which are opioids, not true opiates). So basically with the Mecke test you can check to see if your substance contains any opiates but that still won't tell you which one or how much or whether or not there are other opioid drugs like fentanyl in the sample. If it's just fentanyl and no opiates it should turn a quite different colour though.

The Mecke test doesn't differentiate between heroin, morphine and codeine, it just shows that one (or more) of those substances is in the sample and it doesn't tell you how pure it is. There's a couple of heroin purity test kits available that can be used after you've used the Mecke test to determine that your powder does in fact contain opiates to give a rough idea of what percentage of the powder is opiates and what percentage is something unknown - but I'm not sure how accurate they are. The problem with that is that even if they are fairly accurate it still doesn't tell you if there are other drugs present, which can be dangerous obviously. There is also a test that can differentiate between codeine and the other opiates (heroin/morphine). For an opioid like oxycodone I think you could use, say, the Marquis test and see how the colour result compares to what others have gotten when testing known samples of oxycodone (like the Bunk Police, you can watch their reagent reaction videos on Youtube). You can also see what known fentanyl looked like on the various reagent tests. So if you had a supposed Oxy pill and it came out completely the wrong colour you'd at least know it wasn't Oxy.

The Bunk Police have recently developed a test called The Separation Test Kit http://bunkpolice.com/separation-test-kit/
Supposedly you can use this test to separate the different substances in your sample for testing. I really don't know much about this test, maybe someone else here does.

Harm reduction drug testing labs have been getting samples of "heroin" containing as different drugs as acetaminophen (Tylenol), DXM (a dissociative), piracetam (a nootropic), acetylcodeine (an opioid) and of course fentanyl. What kind of opiates are you looking to test?

Harm reduction drug testing labs have been getting samples of "heroin" containing as different drugs as acetaminophen (Tylenol), DXM (a dissociative), piracetam (a nootropic), acetylcodeine (an opioid) and of course fentanyl. What kind of opiates are you looking to test?

I recently had my methadone clinic ask me if I took Seroquel. I told them the truth, I was prescribed it years ago for anxiety but hadn't knowingly taken it in years. I quickly deduced it had obviously been used to cut some heroin I had used recently. Makes sense I guess, it has sedating effects, I can see why someone would pick it as a cut. Just thought it another possible cut to look for.