• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Real life Breaking Bad - school teacher with cancer deals meth

Saul's got somethin somewhere in Swizzyland or the Caymans guys, don't worry.

But seriously, I hope his counterpart does. Or at least traded for a k of morphine extract before this went down.

I wonder if the guy watched the show at all, and if it influenced his day to day operations or something.....

I wonder if the guy watched the show at all, and if it influenced his day to day operations or something.....

Yeah, I'm legitimately interested in this.

It'd add to the irony if he never owned a television and doesn't like TV.... =D

That fucking rock collection...

They're minerals, Marie!

I love Walt's transition, though I sometimes wonder if he changed at all or merely started acting without fear for the consequences.

In my opinion, the episode with the fly was less about Walt's perfectionism and more about how he was a megalomaniac desperate to have complete control of at least one facet of his life as control of the others was stripped from him. I enjoyed it very much, even if it was a canned episode.

I'm sorry that you dislike morality and I hope you come to realize how destructive your anarchist philosophy is. 'Might makes right' sounds great until you meet somebody stronger. People always think about the myriad things they could do without laws, but seldom pause to question the things that could then be done to them. Society crumbles into nothingness with such a system. I do not accept that morality is a 'bitch' characteristic. It may not be cool or make you sound like a badass to your friends, but it shows that you're a decent person. I, for one, think that's something worth striving towards.

I think Doran may have. It just seems too coincidental otherwise.

Walter White cooks and sells Meth to satisfy his ego. He is consumed by greed, and will never be half the man that Jesse is.

But if you watch the show from the very beginning, the first season, he begins making meth because he hears Hank talking about how much money they pull off these meth makers when they arrest them. He thinks this is the way he can take care of his wife and kid and new baby after he is dead.

The point the writer is making throughout the rest of the seasons is to demonstrate how he changes because of the money and power thing, from mild mannered school teacher dying of cancer to the ruthless, selfish, power hungry bastard he becomes.

Supposed to demonstrate how "the business" and money morph him.

*SPOILER ALERT*
Yes, but the new season has Jesse asking him to get out of the business and sell all of his stock of methylamine to make 5 million each. Walt says it isn't enough, which prompts Jesse to remind him that, when they did their marathon cook in season 2, Walt claimed that he needed seven hundred and some odd dollars to fully support his family. Walt proceeds to tell him about how he sold his stake in Grey Matter, only for it to become a huge company worth billions. Jesse asks if they're in the meth business or the money business, to which Walt responds, "Neither, we're in the empire business. It was the most powerful and revealing scene in the first half of season five in my opinion.

The bottom line is that, in my opinion, Walt shows that he really just cares about his own legacy and pride. He has always resented Gretchen and Elliot for their success. He had an out that would have solved all of his problems, and even could have continued to make a steady profit from the car wash. He turned this down, because he has basically become Scarface.

Just think about Walt for a second. Sure, he didn't do many immoral things in the beginning, but did he do anything positive? Are you a good person simply because you don't do bad things? I think there's more to it than that.

Lol they said "maths" good thing he wasn't teaching the grammars.

And only 10k wtf

Maths makes more sense than math imo.

As far I know it's only the Americans who say Math but I could be wrong.

They're minerals, Marie!

I love Walt's transition, though I sometimes wonder if he changed at all or merely started acting without fear for the consequences.

In my opinion, the episode with the fly was less about Walt's perfectionism and more about how he was a megalomaniac desperate to have complete control of at least one facet of his life as control of the others was stripped from him. I enjoyed it very much, even if it was a canned episode.

I'm sorry that you dislike morality and I hope you come to realize how destructive your anarchist philosophy is. 'Might makes right' sounds great until you meet somebody stronger. People always think about the myriad things they could do without laws, but seldom pause to question the things that could then be done to them. Society crumbles into nothingness with such a system. I do not accept that morality is a 'bitch' characteristic. It may not be cool or make you sound like a badass to your friends, but it shows that you're a decent person. I, for one, think that's something worth striving towards.

I think Doran may have. It just seems too coincidental otherwise.

yes i agree with your interpretation of the fly episode. I'm comfortable with my anarchist philosophy, somebody shoots me, i die, someone shoots my family, i shoot their family, i guess we'd just end up going back to a lawful system after enough bullshit went down but still, that's my idea of freedom. I'm not a scum bag or anything but the only reason i'm not is because i have empathy. i don't really want to hurt anyone, i don't see any use/pleasure in that personally. But if someone else wants to infringe on that, then so be it. I can live and die by that.

Mrsexypants said:
Walt shows that he really just cares about his own legacy and pride[

true, isn't that admirable? he doesn't flip flop, his emotional strength is unparalleled in the show and his convictions are so strong, he completely lost sight of his goal but in doing so, he found life.

yes this should go to breaking bad discussion in tv/film but that's enough from me, i won't speak any more on the matter :) I think we could go on forever analyzing breaking bad in so many different ways from so many different perspectives and that's what makes it so great.

if you've ever been a successful drug dealer you would know that walt is doing everything right not saying that i have been a drug dealer at all