Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Stimulants Real Estate Agents Testing Rented Premises for Meth Residue

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Does anybody know of this happening in Australia?

Apparently there is a proposal before NSW government to create legal standards for agents to test whether meth is being consumed by tenants. Anyone know any more? I heard it already happens in NZ.

It’s coming soon to a first world country near you.

Pro Tip

When renting a new apartment, order a surface methamphetamine test kit from Amazon for ~$30.
  • Now if you know your apartment is going to test dirty, just go ahead and get your test activated and showing that dirty result. Now, prepare a sworn statement affidavit, attach your dirty test sample as evidence, and get that puppy notarized.
  • If the apartment is clean, but your tweaker ass is bound to contaminate it (because you don’t sploof your reclaim, tsk tsk), here is where you might want to bend the truth a little bit. Take some shake and some water, mix a little bit of paste, and make that dirty test sample anyways. Now you can go make an affidavit, just like in the other case. (JK, this was all satire. I can’t tell you to be deceptive, or aid or abet you in circumnavigating criminal consequences. Or can I? IDK I am really new around here.)
In most jurisdictions that affidavit should be valid for 12 months, and in the event your apartment is tested, you can present pretty strong evidence that the apartment was previously contaminated, and get yourself off the hook for it.

Last edited:
It’s coming soon to a first world country near you.

Pro Tip

When renting a new apartment, order a surface methamphetamine test kit from Amazon for ~$30.
  • Now if you know your apartment is going to test dirty, just go ahead and get your test activated and showing that dirty result. Now, prepare a sworn statement affidavit, attach your dirty test sample as evidence, and get that puppy notarized.
  • If the apartment is clean, but your tweaker ass is bound to contaminate it (because you don’t sploof your reclaim, tsk tsk), here is where you might want to bend the truth a little bit. Take some shake and some water, mix a little bit of paste, and make that dirty test sample anyways. Now you can go make an affidavit, just like in the other case. (JK, this was all satire. I can’t tell you to be deceptive, or aid or abet you in circumnavigating criminal consequences. Or can I? IDK I am really new around here.)
In most jurisdictions that affidavit should be valid for 12 months, and in the event your apartment is tested, you can present pretty strong evidence that the apartment was previously contaminated, and get yourself off the hook for it.

That's a mighty fine strategy you've got there. But I am genuinely interested in whether this happens and how far the legal system accomodates it more generally in Oz.

As far I understand about the new Act, its all about disclosure if the property had history for manufacturing rather than just testing for it. I'll follow up and if wrong I'll edit my post.

my landlord im worried for even kicking me out over this skunky bag of shitty weed, idk even know if it was sprayed with terpenes or what but it sucks and smells strongly. its definitely not just cbd, but its not high thc i dont think. or my tolerance is fucked, idk. but anyway, *testing* the walls? i'd be offended and move away

Does anybody know of this happening in Australia?

Apparently there is a proposal before NSW government to create legal standards for agents to test whether meth is being consumed by tenants. Anyone know any more? I heard it already happens in NZ.
it was massive backlash in nz a few years about it. Turned out it was total corruption the levels were never going to harm people all these meth testing businessses were making shit up aswell and no longer really happens. It ripped all the landlords off lol. Landlords were paying for their entire houses to get stripped down and redone cause somebody might of lit a pipe in the room. Testing for meth is fucking bullshit thats for sure im sure the only harm would come from a actual lab.

Every tweaker trying to smoke outside
Windy GIF

it was massive backlash in nz a few years about it. Turned out it was total corruption the levels were never going to harm people all these meth testing businessses were making shit up aswell and no longer really happens. It ripped all the landlords off lol. Landlords were paying for their entire houses to get stripped down and redone cause somebody might of lit a pipe in the room. Testing for meth is fucking bullshit thats for sure im sure the only harm would come from a actual lab.
Podcast on the ABC a couple of years ago about the complete cowboys running the so-called "testing" industry

Major scam! Only manufacturing with a home lab that half the street would smell would produce any significant residual contaminants detrimental to occupier health!

LL

After all, otherwise, you can enter a debate in which you will not be the winner.
People all around the world spittin shit they have no clue what the fuck is goin on... including me.
Who knows anything for sure? We label everything around us to study it against something else.
Got an opinion? Let's hear it. Hell, only the "enlightened" know what is really going on and being an eternal provides no clues as to what is "right" and what is "wrong".
Seems the loudest voice (squeaky wheel) gets to say they are "right", yes?
Welcome to bluelight and hope ya find ya new digs comfortable. <3
See ya around?
Peace

I have tennants in one of my properties and they better fucking not be smoking meth in my house
coz i want to be smoking meth in my house!!

But its not a standard test with my agent

So much obvious fear mongering goes into these public safety stunts, it's quite humorous. But also not.
It actually sets out to further dehumanize meth addicts by spreading "technical" half-truths about the substance itself while also labeling its users as being carriers of death & pestilence or something. Really though, they're mostly just carriers of stolen electronics. And pointless conversations. Point is, every addict (shady POS or not) ends up negatively impacted by further public scrutiny, which just perpetuates the whole problem.
Also, while many of the precursors used in it's illicit manufacture are highly toxic, if the cook knows what he/she is doing, they're not present in the finished product.

I was a landlord from 2015 until 2019. There was no discussion of methamphetamine tests with my agent. I've since sold the house, which also didn't involve methamphetamine tests.

Not saying it's not possible, but it's also not ubiquitous.