• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ready to withdrawl or am I?

mau5haus

Greenlighter
Hi all -
This is the first post I've ever written after reading these forums for years and years and years.

I've been on and off of pain killers since high school really with a bad addiction immediately following high school. Almost everything I did in life i had pain killers in me. I've done ibogaine in MX twice in the last year. The first time I was free for 4 months. The 2nd time it didn't have a good effect on me and I basically immediately went back to using. This was around new years. Since then I've been in SF where it is unbelievablely easy to get roxy and anything on the street. However my job brings me to Vegas every month and it's hit or miss while I'm there.

I feel like this has to be it for me. I have got to change my life around now and get help doing it or I fear some really bad things could happen. When I'm using I literally do not take care of anything in personal life - especially bills, getting my car registered, etc.

I'm pretty sure I have 100% everything I need for withdrawing. The hard thing is that I am in high demand at my office and need to be on my A-game. Otherwise I'm putting my job on the line.

I bought:
Daily Amino Acids essential and non essential
DLPA - 500mg
L-Theanine - 100mg
L-Tryosine - 500mg
5HTP - 100mg
GABA - 750mg
Milk Thistle - 250mg
Passion Flower - 350mg
Valerian Root - ??
Vitamin C - 1000mg for megadosing.
Lopermide
A concoction of Aswagandha, lemon balm, st Johns wort.
A great daily multivitamin

I also have 4 tabs of 8mg Suboxone - which I really do not want to use...but have.
-Also have several .5mg Klonapins

So with all of those things combined i feel like I'm pretty much ready to go.

However - I would like to taper the pain killers down to simeltaneously with taking taking everything else. I really want to make this as least painful as possible due to I cannot let the people I work know what I'm going through.

I do feel like with your support, guidance, suggestions, and accountability I can do this as least painful as possible. It's important to add that I do have a great resource here in Vegas to tap into (friend of my ibogaine provider who had a recovery house). My plan is to make contact with him soon to begin going to meetings, and joining other ways he has setup for his house.

Would love to hear your feedback and I 100% vow and promise to stay honest and let you know about tapering the pills (which I have none of right now) and anything else you think is important for me to get on the right track.

Much love!
mau5

I recommend a jump onto a kratom regimen for a week and then cold turkey with no suboxone.

As for the supplements, I would avoid taking 5-HTP and St. John's Wort in combination, and honestly i think most of those listed are unnecessary, but may provide you some relief.

A long opiate binge is primarily going to have a negative impact on the digestive system. During opiate use, the body will absorb little to no nutrients from the foods that are managed to be consumed. A lot of factors play into this, dehydration especially. The body loses all its nutrients, for example magnesium which can lead to muscular hypotonia which then causes the bowels to shutdown. This system has to be supercharged back into working order.

The KEY supplement is a B-Complex stack. This is going to be triple stacked with Folic Acid (B-9) and Thiamine (B-1)

So a standard optimal daily regimen for opiate withdrawal would be:

- Multivitamin with high B vitamin values + minerals
- B-Complex (highest %daily value available)
- Folic Acid 400-800mcg
- Thiamine (B1) 1000mg
- Ibuprofen 600mg every 4-6 hours
- Benzo at bedtime

Then of course the addition of things like cannabinoids, dissociative drugs, stimulants, and alcohol has helped me but is at your own risk. Loperamide is also at your own risk, I've heard good things about it, tried it and ended up very constipated and it was incredibly painful.

Make sure to eat a lot of real food every day while taking this stack, you really wanna get those bowels flushed and flowing. Meat, fish, fruit, vegetables, grains, milk, water. Drink a lot of water, exercise once a day.

First few days you should experience some detoxing effects, once you normalize you'll know your body is absorbing nutrients again and you'll heal quickly. The process may involve gaining a few extra pounds to get the fire burning. That kundalini has been ice cold! Gotta get the fire goin'.

I hear your troubles of going to work on point while in various stages of withdrawal. At work the worst part for me is sweating and inability to sit still. It's also tough getting out of bed in the morning but you have to get up, put your helmet on get get to it! Not everyone has the luxury of taking multiple days off or just not working (like some of the addicts I know)

If you can get clonidine its a wonder drug for recovery ime. Really helps with sweating, temperature fluctuations, and generally just makes me more comfortable.

I'd consider a quick taper on sub since you have them, maybe 4/4/2x8days/1x8days.. And then hop off..

Hey OP, I have been in your shoes more times than I'd like to remember and from what I've read it looks like you've got a pretty good "come-off" package assembled. From personal experience I can say that B vitamins, electrolytes, and Loperamide are the real life-savers. Just my .02 here but taking Loperamide in the 30 - 40mg range is an absolute life saver, as it still acts on your body's peripheral opioid receptors, mainly the ones in your gut but without crossing the BBB very easily. Basically it makes your body think you're fine because your opioid receptors are activated but just not the ones in your brain that would cause you to feel a "high", that way you can focus on getting mentally stronger to work thru it instead of worrying about crapping your brains out every 30 miniutes. It also tajes care og the sweats/chills. For me it'll usually stop all WD symptoms in their tracks in about an hour. Its probably the number one medication I would choose to go thru withdrawals but like with any type of medication though, your body can actually become somewhat dependent on the Loperamide itself so I would suggest only using as much as you need for as long as you absolutely need. Good luck bud