• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Read About Oxycontin Only Help?

mobalkhan

Greenlighter
I know it is a narcotic drug, but if you are in chronic pain on a daily basis, and you find relief, as long as it isn't abused and you take it as prescribed, I can't see the harm in making life a little more tolerable. Chronic pain can wear on the soul and mind. What About You an Any explanation about it

Not sure what the question is but yes, Oxycontin is a godsend of a drug. The fake opioid crisis in the US is ass backwards so they would rather give the easily abused Oxycodone IR than the Oxycontin but what are ya gonna do. It is extremely helpful for my pain, only outmatched by Oxymorphone.

I know it is a narcotic drug, but if you are in chronic pain on a daily basis, and you find relief, as long as it isn't abused and you take it as prescribed, I can't see the harm in making life a little more tolerable. Chronic pain can wear on the soul and mind. What About You an Any explanation about it

Can you try to state your question a little more clearly (otherwise I might have to close the thread)?

So yes, I do agree with your basic premise in a big way! And of course it's gotten so out of control because of so many assholes abusing the stuff and hurting themselves. Actually as many of you may be aware, the large majority of these OD's are from laced heroin and NOT oxycodone or oxymorphone scripts. For some reason, they're all lumped in the same basket. Totally absurd!

For the record, most folks who are prescribed these meds take the properly and would never remotely OD from their monthly allotment. I get so upset by this whole opioid crisis crap. Freaking leave us Pain Patients Alone for the love of God!!