• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Reaction to IV

joebiz101011

Greenlighter
Hey everyone! Thanks for those of you answering my questions. I know the simple answer is to quit meth, and I definitely am taking a break and I’ve been able to between binges, I’m mostly wanting to know what I’m experiencing and if I should be more concerned?

Sometimes after I IV, my head gets super hot. The next day and for those days after my neck is super stiff, and my skull and neck have a crackling rice Krispie sound. Basically it’s super cracking. My obvious worry is stroke, but it’s happened a couple of times and I’m not really in pain. Does anyone know what this could be?

When I IV meth my BPM will shoot to about 150 for a second and then stay 110 for awhile, is this super bad? It generally takes a couple of hours to get down to 90.

Thank you.

I get the super cracking every time I use it. Once the buzz kicks in it's like every bine in my body can crack repeatedly

You probably could use some magnesium , some hydration with hydrolysed and might just be having too much of a binge mate.

How much do you iv at a time and what's your use over a day?

Stick yourself in a lukewarm shower or put a cold cloth on your forehead/icepack on your groin if it happens, a couple of valium will get your bp down if you have them

Give it a break, your body will thank you.

I’m not an IV user but in general I think what may be the issue for you is a tightening and tensing up of the neck and shoulder muscles. It generally causes one to clench down and we don’t even know we’re doing it.

Like I said, I don’t IV (I have several times many years ago) but the basic experience remains the same. After a few days of rushing on stim benders my whole body is often sore. My legs are my problem area. A day off, a hot shower, and some magnesium does wonders!

I wouldn’t worry too much about a stroke. Your numbers don’t seem too outrageous. I know though, anytime I have anything physical freak me out on stims, especially meth I have to convince myself it’s just speed anxiety and not a stroke. An IV rush like that is one hell of a bang so putting your HR around 150 for a few min is normal. Not a medial doctor but, sounds right to me.

Make sure you’re staying hydrated, you have enough potassium via electrolyte drinks or a banana, some food on the stomach when possible, and get some rest. Stay away from potassium supplements though as they can cause heart issues. It’s all about staying safe and reducing the risk as much as possible. So have fun and be careful!