• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

<(Re)Lapse>

Pineapple84

Greenlighter
I really screwed up, could use some advice. So I got off suboxone about 2 months ago after a pretty good fake M30 habit. Been completely clean for 2 months and everything was great. Well I hurt my back at work (not serious,just really sore) and like an idiot bummed 2 norcos off someone. So the next day at work I'm in withdrawal! After 2 months on nothing! Now I'm a self employed pet grooming and by the time I realized what was happening already had a few dogs that had been dropped of at my shop which basically means I'm stuck there. So I call a friend and get one of those fake m30s and then I feel totally good, great actually. So I guess I'm wondering, am I in trouble withbthe withdrawals? Should I cancel a few days of appointments? I can't go back to taking those things. I just got my life back ua know?

unfortunately once you've had a long term opiate habit, using ANY opiates will put you back in withdrawal. though not necessarily as badly as at the start.

i haven't used heroin regularly snce late 2018 and i've had a couple of lapse since and had serious withdrawals each time.

apparently it takes opioid receptors 18 months to get back to normal with literally no opiates at all.

sounds like you should taper as quickly as possible with what you have, and yes probably cancel a few days of appointments. if you can cold turkey, it will be over quicker, but obviously is harder.

unfortunately once you've had a long term opiate habit, using ANY opiates will put you back in withdrawal. though not necessarily as badly as at the start.

i haven't used heroin regularly snce late 2018 and i've had a couple of lapse since and had serious withdrawals each time.

apparently it takes opioid receptors 18 months to get back to normal with literally no opiates at all.

sounds like you should taper as quickly as possible with what you have, and yes probably cancel a few days of appointments. if you can cold turkey, it will be over quicker, but obviously is harder.
I actually don't have anything left. I still have some suboxone left over but after taking that m30 I'm terrified to use it because when I first went on I went through precipitated withdrawals. But I was taking alloott more back then...

if you are already well into withdrawals then you should not get precipitated withdrawals. you'd want to do as little as possible and increase dose until you get well, then taper from there. if you have enough subs you can do that relatively painlessly until the last couple of drops but it takes a long time to do properly.

when i was on heroin i'd use as little sub as possible when i couldn't score, cos i knew the second i could score i'd buy dark and didn't wanna get sick. if you only have a little bit of sub you could possibly use it like that to be able to function.

For some reason, once you've had a severe opiate addiction and any relapses with longish periods of use, it's fairly typical that using for even short periods of time will prompt withdrawal. I noticed this happening around 7 years into my opiate addiction where I would only use for a week or so then find that I would start to get withdrawal.

I think you're better off stopping sooner rather than later. If you're already experiencing some withdrawal, then you can pretty safely take the Suboxone and not have to worry about any precipitated withdrawal. Then you can taper off from there.