• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

RCMP bust 13,000-plant grow-op

psyfiend

Bluelighter
Okanagan RCMP have busted a massive indoor grow-op, in Falkland, B.C., housing 13,383 plants — one of the largest grow-ops ever seen in the region.

The plants were found in various stages of growth in a large outbuilding, powered by large gas generators on Wednesday said North Okanagan RCMP spokesperson Gord Molendyk.

"It's a very substantial marijuana grow operation. I think it's probably the largest in the last number of years, if not the largest. This is definitely going to have a dint in the marijuana that is being produced in our area," said Molendyk.

North Okanagan RCMP found more than 13,000 marijuana plants in this outbuilding in rural Falkland, B.C. (RCMP)
RCMP took a 38-year-old man who was found at the grow-op site into custody, but he has not been charged. The site had been under investigation for more than two years, police said.

The largest known marijuana bust in Canada was in Ontario in 2004, when officers seized 30,000 plants from a former Molson brewery facility. Police arrested 12 people in connection with the bust in 2010.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/03/22/bc-okanagan-grow-bust-pot.html

HOLY Hoot-N-nanny! 13,383 plants?! like I wonder how one becomes involved with such operations? Gangs seem to stupid and "im gonna kick your ass cuz you ain't part of my clique" kinda nonsense.... This stuff must be financed by people that never get caught or go to jail, the real big wigs of the drug game probably rack in tons of cash, some say its the governments of the world that do this and the only reason they make it certain drugs illegal is so they can have a monopoly on the market and fuck the drug users 3 ways from Sunday by selling it to them, then arresting them for it and ceasing all their possessions (ex. cars/cash/etc), and to top it off they get to put you in a privately owned prison (meaning it makes money by have prisoners within its jail) and lock your ass in a cage and a perpetual cycle of doing it to these 'drug users' again once they get out/bailed out... Have you ever noticed that when you get a ticket for speeding or what not that your are pretty much 100% guarantee to get a deal from the judge that says "I can take the points off your license/record and you only have to pay the fine." All they fucking care about is getting paid. It's all a theory but I truly wonder whats really going on with this "war on drugs" and what the real motivations behind it were/are.... just a thought ;)

But then again I think if some government was involved in this kind of theory that they would be controlling the heroin/coke market as its more lucrative and has the highest inflated price out of any other commodity ... especially H for some reason, just think for a minute, we went to Vietnam in the 60's and at that time they were one of the largest opium producers of the world. A lot of the Vietnam vets coming back addicted to smack after the war. And then we go into Afghanistan, like seriously? There is NOTHING in that country besides one thing . . . Opium poppies.. b/c now days they are the largest producer of that crop.. I always wish some talented film writer and director made a movie about this 'theory'.. even if its not 100% true I think it would make a damn good movie but the gov't would probably never allow such a movie to be made even if it is just fictional as it may open peoples eyes and minds to new idea and to always question and keep an open mind. lol the gov't says "Don't think, we will do that for you."

Last edited:
Afghanistan also grows some very potent indica landrace strains of cannabis; there's a bit more to Afghanistan then opium poppies, to say there isn't is just ignorance.