• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants rather serious breathing concerns. Please

Dimebagdonny

Bluelighter
I've been concerned lately about my breathing. Alot of the time through out the day, I feel like I can't get enough air on almost every breath. Like I feel like I have to take as deep of a breath as I can and every once in awhile ill get that satisfying deepfull breath I chase for almost all the time. I am almost positive it's from smoking meth. When I smoke I do hong's(hot rail bong) and I get REALLLY thick hits. Everyone I showed it to said theyhave never seen or done anything better. I recently uploaded a video of my setup but idk if it went through or not. Now, my main question is , is It from how thick the smoke is,and how bad would exposure to super THICK meth smoke would be compared to just smoking normally. Thank you anyone who has any info. Much appreciated

I think this is the kind of question where BL may offer interesting and varied drug lore rather than possibly much needed medical advice. Notwithstanding what advice and information may follow, it’s fairly easy for your doctor to give you a breathing test such as a VO2 test and compare you to a similar demographic. You would not need to even discuss meth in the first instance, just say you are getting short of breath and were wondering about your lung capacity. If it’s out of whack then discuss meth as a cause.

I've been concerned lately about my breathing. Alot of the time through out the day, I feel like I can't get enough air on almost every breath. Like I feel like I have to take as deep of a breath as I can and every once in awhile ill get that satisfying deepfull breath I chase for almost all the time. I am almost positive it's from smoking meth. When I smoke I do hong's(hot rail bong) and I get REALLLY thick hits. Everyone I showed it to said theyhave never seen or done anything better. I recently uploaded a video of my setup but idk if it went through or not. Now, my main question is , is It from how thick the smoke is,and how bad would exposure to super THICK meth smoke would be compared to just smoking normally. Thank you anyone who has any info. Much appreciated
I raised this question a while back but didn't receive a clear answer. Some suggested a heart issue, but I've had this exact side effect since day 1, though much less often lately.
With me though it sets in no matter the ROA, ruling out smoking as the cause.
And It really only happens anymore when I get super high, which is rare. That's in contrast to every single time, when I was younger.
So I'm thinking its a neurological side effect.

Edit: OP did you only recently begin experiencing the breathing trouble? You've for the most part only been an occasional user, right?

Last edited:
I often got very out of breath walking the morning after a 24 hour IV binge. So it’s not just smoking.
I could be mistaken, but i think this a different set of circumstances beyond physical excertion being a factor.
It happens whether or not you're moving at all. Sitting in a chair, lying in bed, etc, its constant.
I find myself attempting to yawn like every 30 seconds which occasionally allows a full breath to sneak in, but with stimulants being how they are you get caught in this obsessive loop of trying to get that deep breath but all you end up feeling is sleepy and light headed.

OP- I forgot to mention that eating helps immensely. Something substantial and high in protein pretty much eliminates this problem IME.

Has only happened to me once but it was really terrible product. I just posted about it in another thread but basically this particular batch had caused hallucinations, numbness in the fingers and toes to the point of not being able to drive, very blurry vision and the severe breathing problems. I felt constant tightness in my chest, I could not get a full breath in and it hurt to try. Only time I've ever had any concerns or issues with my breathing due to Meth. Also, I only sniff mine so I'm not sure how much ROA has to do with it but I can't imagine smoking it is helping anything.

I've been concerned lately about my breathing. Alot of the time through out the day, I feel like I can't get enough air on almost every breath. Like I feel like I have to take as deep of a breath as I can and every once in awhile ill get that satisfying deepfull breath I chase for almost all the time

This is exactly what happened to me when I had Covid-19. I learned exhaling as long as possible and then slowly breathing in using stomach breathing and not chest breathing was extremely beneficial during that time. If you can find a pulse oximeter, it also provides some peace of mind to know you're able to sufficiently saturate your blood with oxygen, even if it feels like you're having trouble breathing.

I think this is the kind of question where BL may offer interesting and varied drug lore rather than possibly much needed medical advice. Notwithstanding what advice and information may follow, it’s fairly easy for your doctor to give you a breathing test such as a VO2 test and compare you to a similar demographic. You would not need to even discuss meth in the first instance, just say you are getting short of breath and were wondering about your lung capacity. If it’s out of whack then discuss meth as a cause.
I really don't want to say anything to my doc about meth because iti still want to get back on my adderall again to legitimately help me focus better than meth

I raised this question a while back but didn't receive a clear answer. Some suggested a heart issue, but I've had this exact side effect since day 1, though much less often lately.
With me though it sets in no matter the ROA, ruling out smoking as the cause.
And It really only happens anymore when I get super high, which is rare. That's in contrast to every single time, when I was younger.
So I'm thinking its a neurological side effect.

Edit: OP did you only recently begin experiencing the breathing trouble? You've for the most part only been an occasional user, right?
It's been going off and on every now and then for a few years I guess but then noticing it a lot more when I've been taking really fat hits through Hong at a really really thick

It's been going off and on every now and then for a few years I guess but then noticing it a lot more when I've been taking really fat hits through Hong at a really really thick
I'm convinced it's a neurological tick, but take that with a grain of salt as i've got no medical training or know of any studies performed/write ups that i could cite.
noticing it a lot more when I've been taking really fat hits through Hong at a really really thick
Maybe it's tied to that..? Or i mean the way you're ripping the bong + the nature of this drug's effect on the CNS and neurochemical balance. And then it's reaching your brain so rapidly it could be why that repetitive, shallow breath sensation manifested.
Like users are training their subconcious into thinking that's the only way of releasing more sweet sweet dopamine. 😬

Any neurology buffs in here? I've been awake too long 💢

I have heard it could be called something like dyspnea? Something like the such thick amount of smoke recrystallizing in your lungs that it creates a thick on layer over in your lungs that it plus up or something like that. But who really knows

I have heard it could be called something like dyspnea? Something like the such thick amount of smoke recrystallizing in your lungs that it creates a thick on layer over in your lungs that it plus up or something like that. But who really knows
It happens no matter the ROA for me (I was a snorter), and only when i catch a really good high. Been happening since the beginning of my use, around 2000. So its not covid related.
Its gotta be neurological.

On serotonergic stimulants (like meth), I often get the feeling that I can't take a full breath, it can be rather disturbing.

On serotonergic stimulants (like meth), I often get the feeling that I can't take a full breath, it can be rather disturbing.

The last time I took MDMA (or whatever passes for it these days) I had the feeling of my windpipe being full or blocked and unable to breath. It was pretty scary but didn't last long and I was kind of able to swallow it away. It almost made me panic. It had been a whopping dose of MDMA though (2 x 150mg).

This has been happening to me ever since I started using meth (once in a while) but I had brushed it off as a bad effect of me mixing tramadol with meth (not to get a better high, daily tramadol user) but it kinda would disappear if I didn't think about it and it only happens of I'm sitting/inactive for long periods of time. Also found momentary relief by going out for a walk or just in the backyard/balcony.

Same. I tell myself that it's just acid reflux, but am always concerned that's something serious.