View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Rapper Lil Peep Dies Aged 21 of Suspected OD

CFC

Bluelight Crew
Rapper Lil Peep dies aged 21 of suspected overdose

lil-peep-june-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

The New York rapper, who discussed drug use in his music, posted a video online hours before his death

Lil Peep, a fast-rising rapper whose emotional tracks charted depression and drug use, has died aged 21. His UK representative confirmed the news to the Guardian.

Gustav Åhr, who grew up in Long Beach, New York, was reportedly taken to hospital following an overdose, according to music manager Adam Grandmaison. In a video Åhr posted online hours before his death, he said he had taken prescription drugs and other substances, saying: “I’m good, I’m not sick”.

The rap world has paid tribute to him, with Diplo writing on Twitter that Åhr “had so much more to do man he was constantly inspiring me”, and fellow producer Marshmello writing: “Peep was the nicest person. Hanging out with him, talking to him about music, the song ideas we were going to do together and touring was so amazing.”

Chart-topping rapper Post Malone said Åhr was “a great friend to me and a great person. your music changed the world and it’ll never be the same”.

Read the rest here

it's only a matter of time really...

after Yams died, i expected to see some more ODs associated with lean and xanax.

houston started this, big pharma continued it and now we must just sit back and watch.

i'm just surprised there haven't been more deaths in the rap industry

I got into Peep's music during a dark time in my life and his music really helped me. His death is hitting me hard. He absolutely had a drug problem fueled by mental health issues including anxiety and depression, but it is suspected that someone sold him fake Xanax with Fentanyl in it. We'll know more after the toxicology report in the next few weeks.
RIP Peep. <3

For anyone not familiar with his music, I suggest listening to
Crybaby
The Brightside
Five Degrees
Star Shopping
The Way I See Things