View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Rank the 2C-X series by stimulation

perpetualdawn

Bluelighter
I'm curious how the traditional 2C series phenethylamines compare in terms of physical stimulation.

I've tried 2C-B, 2C-E, and 2C-D. To me, 2C-B seems the most stimulating of the three, and 2C-E and 2C-D seem about equal, I can't really tell.

How do the 2C series compare in terms of stimulant effects in your experience? I'm especially curious about 2C-P, 2C-I, 2C-C compared to the rest.

Last edited:
I hope we find someone here who's done the lot. Haha, that's ALOT of 2c-xx's.

I'm fairly limited.

2c-e & 2c-t-2 were about equally stimulating, ie not terribly. Even DOC is not as stimulating, in sub 2mg doses, as I thought a psychedelic amphetamine might be, especially in comparison to MDMA to which I believe it is molecularly related. I've had many an opportunity to try 2c-i but passed up due to expected stimulation. 2c-b is still on my list to try.

2c-d was only very mildly stimulating, if at all.

2c-c same as 2c-d.

From stimulating to not so much:

2C-I > (= , depending on dose equivalency) 2C-D > 2C-B = 2C-T-21 > 2C-E = 2C-T-2 = 2C-T-7 > 2C-C

@Si Ingwe, of course YMMV but 2C-D is generally considered to have nootropic potential that I believe is pretty much the same source of effects as what I would certainly call stimulation. How high a dose have you tried?

No ones list will be end all be all because of arbitrary dose equivalency.

I still have to try my 2C-T-4, 2C-N and 2C-P. Not sure which ones we are forgetting... I'd call things like 2C-G, 2C-B-Fly, 2C-TFM and 2C-EF obscure, but then again you tend to do that until you acquire them.

I noticed the nootropic aspects of 2c-d at about 20mg, but I was laying in the bath reading a section of a book on neurochemstry that made alot more sense after a dose than before. But as I was pretty chilled out in the bath, I did not notice much in the way of stimulation. On another occassion (haven't done that much) I had about 80mg but in 20mg doses, again, little stimulation & pretty mild trips generally...

I want them all but I'll settle for 2c-b for now, I really must try that one!

Of all the ones I've tried:

2C-I > 2C-T-7 > 2C-T-21 = 2C-B-fly > 2C-T-2 > 2C-D > 2C-B > 2C-P > 2C-C > 2C-E

Or that's how my memory is interpreting it now, it's been a long time for some of them. 2C-I is definitely the most stimulating I've tried though, and 2C-E definitely the least.

I've only had 2c-e 2c-i 2c-t-7 and 2c-b, but for me the most stimulating was 2c-e and the least was 2c-i which was 100% visual with literally no other effects. 2c-b was certainly the most psychedelic, more similar to LSD than anything else.

Wow, crazy how different things are for different people. For me 2C-B is absolutely nothing like LSD at all, mentally it's not really psychedelic at all though it's quite visual and emotionally opening. 2C-E is more powerfully and overtly psychedelic than almost anything else I have ever tried including LSD, and very non-stimulating, while 2C-I feels like a stimulant and psychedelic at once.

It is crazy how two people can have opposite reactions. Although it really is highly set and setting dependent. The first time i did 2c-b it felt like a shorter 6-apb roll, which i love, but the second time was fully emotional and mental with insane visuals. The second time floored me as i was almost certain there was no 'true' psychedelic quality to the 2c series. I rank it with LSD and Mushrooms now. These two trips were out of the same bag.

The 2ce was basically a heavy body load with a fish-eye type visual effect every time i took it, and the 2ci was incredibly melting visuals every time i took it, very predictable. The 2ct7 was wavy static style visual with nausea and body load, i hated that one.

I feel like a true psychedelic experience may be possible with any of these substances given the right circumstance. I have a sheet of 25i that i've taken pieces of on dozens of occasions and have experienced drastically different results with it. I've also noticed that my preferred dose now is about 100-250ug, while when i first got it i was taking 1000-2000ug and experiencing similar reactions. Sometimes i get a body load and all i want to do is drink and turn it into a fucked up stimulation, whereas sometimes it is classically psychedelic.

Drugs r weird

True that. 2C-E does have a heavy bodyload for me usually, but it's accompanied by a tremendous amount of mental and visual psychedelia. One time I went farther out than I ever have on anything in hundreds upon hundreds of trips on it... it was almost like a tryptamine spiral towards ego annihilation.

These replies are really interesting thanks everyone, keep em coming!

So far it seems there is some near-concensus that 2c-i tops the list as most stimulating (with one exception), 2c-e seems to be a bit all over the map but tending as non-stimulating, and 2c-b seems to be ranked pretty much all over the map. I suppose this is still a pretty small sample size for our "poll" though.

There are certainly some underlying native differences between these chemicals, but maybe not so pronounced that set, setting and personal differences perhaps make more difference than which 2c-x, as far as stimulation goes.