• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ran out this tt of my meds early...again and I'm sick of it!

BeachBum4u

Bluelighter
It's gotten to the point where I always have to count out near the end of the month and lower my dose so low I'm in WD's for a week. I'm sick of it! I can't not take an extra pill at night if I'm hurting. My wife's like, then you need to suffer. My reply, but I have something in my possession to fix matters. So, we don't see eye to eye. And yes, I'm a PM patient and have been for 25+ years. The problem is that I "need" the medicine for quality of life but can't keep up this craziness. After nearly a week, I'm just now starting to eat "food" again. Truth~! It's hard on my body, mind and soul.

Now, my wife wants to come to my next appt. to talk to the doctor with me. I've been evasive on the appt. date because this will not work. She's made chatter about knowing I snort my meds and as you all know, I'd be kicked out in a second. She has no prove but... I am making a deal with her. I'm going to have her hold my meds and dole them out each morning. I've never, in my life, done anything like this but hell, I'm sick of worrying at day 28, am I going to be out! If I do this, I'll be good for 30 days all day long and that will be such a relief.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing or have any other suggestions?

My husband holds my hydros for me for the same reason!! I sympathize with you...it sucks. He's a real dictator with them and we've had some vicious screaming matches over it. Me wanting extra, him saying no, if I give you extra then what's the point of me holding them. Ugh...point is if I've got them I run out, guess if I was you I'd keep my wife away from my appt. Sounds like she'll get you kicked out. Try using something in between your opie doses, like MR or low dose benzo. Just be careful. ☺️

I used to have my dad hold onto my meds for me because I had the same problem. Only I would find his hiding spot and sneak more so that didn't work so great for me. I would be reluctant to have your wife go to your appointment with you, like the above poster said.

One thing you can tell your doctor that you're having more pain at night. Perhaps he could give you something extra to control your pain better. Can't hurt to ask. Hope it works out for you and let us know what happens.

TY guys! I have convinced her to not go on Monday. I told her to give me her question(s) and I will have him write out the answer(s). This is also an obvious last resort and it has to work or all hope is lost. For the record, I typically go bonkers for a few days, if I've been out and then settle in. If I can resist that piece this time, the relief of knowing I will have meds at the end of the month will be ... priceless.

As for night-time, I already don't sleep for crap and he's heard it all before. I believe I'm at the max they'll Rx, so "I" need to get my shit together or go another route. Thanks everyone!

Hi my friend :)

i can totally relate to this!! My partner was doing this with my meds when I was trying to taper, it caused murder!! (Sorry my scouse accent showing through) it will b better for you in the long run, like you say having meds left at end of the month would be amazing, your body will soon adapt, taking them at night is probably through habit. But be so careful or it could ruin your marriage, if you're like me, I would scream at him, cry, make his life hell if he wouldn't give me just a few more, in the end I stopped trying to taper and seeked help (as you know) I couldn't put him through any more of my shit!

Hope ur appointment goes well, like someone said above, tell the doc ur concerns, u have more pain at night, and he might help you out more

You shouldn't be snorting your meds? If a med needs to be snorted that is the first problem. Considering you have 25+ years of pm I would figure you would hold a knowledge of this. Not judging by any mean, but if you are snorting it you screw your self right away. Snorting meds hits quicker and does not last nearly as long. If your snorting your meds you might as well be shooting up. I was given a nice opana script and went back 3 days later and switched meds because I realized opanas are no good taken as prescribed. Honesty with your pain doc is key. Having to keep your wife away is a second red flag the first being snorting meds. I am not judging as I said. But I use to be an addict and alternative methods of consumption generally indicate abuse. You did not list your health problems or meds and doses, but I would suggest to evaluate your self and your life. Snorting opanas would be amazing, they havean an amazing street value and addict value because snorting or shooting them is like heaven. But they were prescribed orally. So I traded them for a lesser value percocet 4 times a day. Try an xr med with ir for actual break threw pain. If you have been in pm for 25 years and are snorting pills you quite possibly may stray in to addiction as well as medical. And getting excited your wife does not go to the appointment with you is another red flag. An addict habit. Hope you get well

I'm Rx'ed 2 40mg Opanas and 4 15mg oxycodone a day. BTW I posted this some time ago and have since come to the same conclusion as some of you who responded to this thread. My wife now holds the meds and doles out my daily allotment each morning. So far so good. Thanks for the replies.

You're lucky in that is sounds like you have someone that you trust who can hold your medication for you and divvy it out accordingly. I've been in positions like yours before and not had anyone who I remotely trusted to do this sort of thing.

If you're tired of running out and actually want to make a change, this is an easy way to do it. Maybe you could get 2 days worth at a time, or maybe bi-weekly just to start. This would still give you a little bit of freedom to adjust your dosage, but won't leave you with a week of withdrawal at the end of every month.

It's really not a bad arrangement once you get used to it.