• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Raitalin la

Bostonsgriff007

Greenlighter
I'm on ritalin la. 20mgs a day.pretty much take 60.I get a ok high. I also get 28 to 35 adderall 20mgs a month to carry me threw. I take benzo prn if I get a bit to jiggy. My question is this.should I ask my doc to put me on 20mgs of the ir formula of ritalin 2x dly ?it got more of a high from it.there also starting me on either 600mgs of lyrica or high mg of gabapentin .1500 I think. Any ideas on what to ask for instead? Ty

I cant quite wrap my head around time release giving more of a high than instant release. But I do feel like if your meds are prescribed, take them as prescribed. Any recreational items you may feel free to aquire from the black market. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I kinda feel a like doctor's orders are "sacred", for lack of a better term. Or at least from a harm reduction point of view, keep to your script.
Also, tell yourur doctor what you do for recreation, honesty really is the best policy.

What is the Ritalin for? And the Lyrica or Gabapentin?
I have seen many people taking excessive doses of stims (scripted or illegally obtained) and then needing benzos or gabapentinoids to reduce the side effects of taking too much.
Doesn't really make sense to me? But I guess there might be valid therapeutic reasons sometimes.

I'm on ritalin la. 20mgs a day.pretty much take 60.I get a ok high. I also get 28 to 35 adderall 20mgs a month to carry me threw. I take benzo prn if I get a bit to jiggy. My question is this.should I ask my doc to put me on 20mgs of the ir formula of ritalin 2x dly ?it got more of a high from it.there also starting me on either 600mgs of lyrica or high mg of gabapentin .1500 I think. Any ideas on what to ask for instead? Ty
ISTR I got a bit of a high the very first time I took 20mg, but never again, I even titrated up to 100mg, but that was no better than 40mg, so I stuck at 40 mg, until I found that increasing my protein consumption was actually more beneficial.
No medication is supposed to get you high, just normal.