• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Radula complanata - ingredients and uses.

izo

Bluelighter
this is a moss, related to the Perrottetinene containing one from new zealand:

it doesnt has an english wiki page yet, so use google translate.

nothing from rätsch as Perrottetinene has been found after his encyclopedia came out.

no paper about this plant is available so only snippets from the net.

Radula complanata
Ordinary scratching moss (Radula complanata), also flattened scratching liverwort or light green bark moss.
A northern hemisphere circum-boreal species that is relatively common in central Europe.
In northern America sporadically occurring as far as Mexico.
In the northern hemisphere, it is probably distributed further south than previously assumed, as a recent find from Indian Kashmir in the Himalayas shows.
Due to its distribution, it is the most interesting species for us Central Europeans.

Radula complanata
R. complanata usually occurs as an epiphyte on trees and shrubs,
as well as on rocks near streams or lakes below the tree line.
The flat-growing moss, which grows up to 3 cm long, is pale yellowish-green and grows alone or in community with other mosses.
Although it likes humid conditions, deep shady areas are avoided.
Confusion can occur with Radula lindenbergiana (Radula complanata ssp. lindenbergiana) whose psychoactive potential is unknown. In contrast to R. complanata, R.lindenbergiana is dioecious. Male plants have conspicuous, long, narrow, spike-shaped gametangia (sex cells or germ cells).
The situation is different with the female counterpart, which is very difficult or impossible to distinguish.
The species is probably only native to the Alps and the edge of the Alps. Only a few isolated finds from low mountain ranges such as the Harz Mountains have been reported to the north.

and a short bioassay from a german enthobotany forum:

Herb:
About 2g of dried herb of Radula complanata in a cigarette , had a subtle, sedative and slightly stimulating effect that lasted up to 20 minutes.
Extract:
An extract of 20g R.c. weighing 2.5g plus 1g excipient (radula c. herb, dried) at a dosage of 50-200mg caused a marked sedative effect very similar to that of CBD, however, the thoughts are more affected.

2020 - Distribution of Bibenzyls, Prenyl Bibenzyls, Bis-bibenzyls, and Terpenoids in the Liverwort Genus Radula

2020-Distribution-of-Bibenzyls-Prenyl-Bibenzyls-Bis-bibenzyls-and-Terpenoids-in-the-Liverwort-Genus.jpg

Figueiredo et al.15 analyzed volatile components of seven
Portuguese Radula species, namely, R. aquilegia (Hook. F. &
Taylor) Gott., Lindenb. & Nees, R. carringtonii, R. holtii, R.
jonesii Bouman, Dirkse & K. Yamada, R. lindenbergiana, R.
nudicaulis, and R. wichurae, and a Swiss species, Radula
complanata, which were analyzed by GC/FID and GC/MS.
However, they identified only four bibenzyl derivatives, 2, 10,
52, and 59, in R. carringtonii, R. lindenbergiana, and R. wichurae.

I’ve been curious to try Radula species but feel my cannabis tolerance may not allow for me to discern the weaker activity of perrottetinene.

-GC

just smoked some 100x extract in a cig. almost no effect, maybe a little more than cbd isolate.

I’m honestly wary of these supposed 100x extracts, they sound like they all come from the same vendor and as you said they all feel similar. 100x seems high too for so many variations of extracts.

-GC

I’m honestly wary of these supposed 100x extracts, they sound like they all come from the same vendor and as you said they all feel similar. 100x seems high too for so many variations of extracts.

i think the seller is legit. low potency seems to stem from the fact that they use whole plant extracts, not the roots or bark that is sometimes needed. the voacanga extract was active, even though the needed alkaloid is in the root i think. its clearly from many different plant. every extract has its unique taste and drip in the noose. kinda interesting, its like aroma therapy with added psychoactive bonus most of the time.

2020 - Different from tracheophytes, liverworts commonly have mixed 35S and 5S arrays.pdf
2020 - Distribution of Bibenzyls, Prenyl Bibenzyls, Bis-bibenzyls, and Terpenoids in the Liverwort Genus Radula.pdf