• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

R-O-F groups???

blueberries

Bluelighter
Can someone tell me why it would be impossible to substitute the methyl on MeOs for a fluorine? I've searched far and wide and can only find instances of fluoroalkyloxy groups. I realise it could be fairly terrible as a compound (well in psychedelic PEAs anyway) but that isn't the point; it's got to me now and I've spent all day searching for just one instance!

Thanks in advance

EDIT: That should be "R-O-Fl"; sorry!

Last edited:
Ahh, thank you!! It was doing my nut in!

I assume there's nothing wrong with an R-O-CH2-Fl bond though? In Traschsel's paper on fluorinated PEAs (and in PIHKAL) there was no mention of them but I just assumed that it was because Shulgin was originally trying to emulate bromine with -EF and Trachsel trying to get the most out of those analogues (multiple EF/PF/DFM/TFM groups but no monofluoromethyls). Am I right in saying this or is there another issue?

Not too certain on the possibility of synthing R-O-CH2-X but that probably can't be discussed here.

Ah right, so that's the reason, nevermind then. -EF is more than enough, not to mention D/TFM groups!

Not too certain on the possibility of synthing R-O-CH2-X but that probably can't be discussed here.
It is possible to make monofluoromethoxy, difluoromethoxy, and trifluoromethoxy analogs. Trachsel made a difluoromethoxy analog of 2C-B but it only had weak 5-HT2A affinity.

I looked at bleach (NaOCl) and immediately started wondering about things such as 4-OCl-amphetamine. It doesn't work like that.