• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Quitting THC... CBD oil?

NJ5227

Bluelighter
Hi BL

Well, I didn't wish for it, but the day has come where I will be forced to quit cannabis. I recognize and admit I am an addict; i tried to go without and it resulted in nausea and anxiety, among other things. I use cannabis for pain and PTSD relief, in addition to appetite stimulation - not much else really compares in all honesty. My method of choice is concentrates, so my addiction level is pretty severe.

It is my understanding that THC is the reason for the withdrawal symptoms. I am curious if anyone has tried CBD only products such as oils and edibles, to help them ease off? CBD is effective at treating nausea, pain, and PTSD, yet does not show up on drug tests. It seems like it would be the miracle solution I have been looking for, I was just curious if anyone could offer me insight. If not, I will be happy to report to the board my findings.

Thanks for any feedback

From your post, I'm not sure you understand what "addict" and "addiction" really mean.

Are you choosing to quit cannabis because you're an "addict" or because there's some external factor (like a job)?

If you're using it as medicine, that's the reason you can't go without it...

Patrick Kennedy got to you man. Just take a dab and chill out.

But to answer your question, NO. CBD is not the miracle cure you're looking for. It will help, but only in conjunction with a small amount of THC (meaning you can't use cannabis and confidently pass a drug test). Hemp-based CBD that's "50 state legal" is crap, and has been lab-tested to contain POISON (lead, cadmium, hexane, etc.) on multiple occasions. A cannabis-based CBD medicine, from a strain like "ACDC," would theoretically be beneficial for treating your PTSD/anxiety, and possibly some nausea and pain, if they're inflammatory-related. Pain generally requires more THC though.

Just sack up and deal man. The worst "withdrawal" symptom of cessation of weed smoking is boredom. The rest is just in your head.

Just taper off it & you wont get any withdrawal at all. You can do a fast taper too, half your dose every day until you're under about 300mg of concentrate & you should be able to jump straight off at that dose without any withdrawal effect.

Last edited:
Stay away from all stimulants while you are in your withdrawal period. This can last for several months for some people.

Things like coffee, tea, soda, adderal, etc will only make your anxiety, sleep and appetite problems worse.

CBD extract or oil does help. There are products made from organic hemp available...at least in Europe.

Hi BL Well, I didn't wish for it, but the day has come where I will be forced to quit cannabis. I recognize and admit I am an addict; i tried to go without and it resulted in nausea and anxiety, among other things. I use cannabis for pain and PTSD relief, in addition to appetite stimulation - not much else really compares in all honesty. My method of choice is concentrates, so my addiction level is pretty severe. It is my understanding that THC is the reason for the withdrawal symptoms. I am curious if anyone has tried CBD only products such as oils and edibles, to help them ease off? CBD is effective at treating nausea, pain, and PTSD, yet does not show up on drug tests. It seems like it would be the miracle solution I have been looking for, I was just curious if anyone could offer me insight. If not, I will be happy to report to the board my findings. Thanks for any feedback
Ondansetron (and Rimonabant or Cannabidiol after post acute withdrawal) will help you get over it. You may want to try kratom or tianeptine to help with the pain.

Lately there has been some developing news on the CBD Oils topic. I am reading every where that it is legal to ship to all the states if it's extracted from the HEMP plant versus the Marijuana plant. It still has THC in it, but it is low enough to be legal. When I first started to try and research it, the prices were very high. However now it appears that the prices have come down drastically; making it affordable for all of us that need it. I keep hearing all these great things about it; and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with it before I buy some to try?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hemp-based CBD that's "50 state legal" is crap, and has been lab-tested to contain POISON (lead, cadmium, hexane, etc.) on multiple occasions."

I don't know what kind of CBD product you're smoking but not all hemp based CBD products are like that. I'm curious where you got your information?

There are always
criminals no matter how safe the city is and there are always shit heads making CBD look bad by selling subpar and untested CBD products. These guys make this stuff in their backyard and don't have any of the necessary equipment to test for residual solvents, terpenes, pesticides, and potency. Let alone filter out any contaminants. Some better advice instead of bashing all hemp-based CBD products as a whole is to educate the buyer on how to make a proper purchase. Make sure wherever you get your CBD product from there is PAPERWORK from a NOTABLE LABORATORY where the product is TESTED. These tests must be certified, signed, and they only stay good for a few months. After that, the product must be tested again to ensure it's safety. This is EXTREMELY expensive for a company to do. I'm talking tens of thousands of dollars a year in just product testing alone. THOSE are the LEGIT hemp-based CBD products. If they don't have paperwork to back up their product, DON'T BUY IT. But don't bash all of them, there are plenty of good ones :]

Hey.. i do feel where your coming from, long story short I was put on probation a few months ago and i too had to quit smoking weed for a while. Anyways I go to a little head shop in meridian and they recently got the "CBD hemp oil" for the vaporizer pens. Being a happy tester for most all the products of this store i was inclined to try it. I realize that alot of people say pure CBD doesn't get you high, but i think that they must not have been puffing on the same shit. Cause i got really, really high. Not as noticeable as THC, but like a short lived rush similar to incenses. The stuff is about .5ml for 40$, and it doesnt last long at all. but it did get me through my cravings and most importantly didn't cause me to fail any drug test. Hope this could help