• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Quitting smoking tha herb and brain function

DaLambsbread

Bluelighter
I'm hoping that other fellow earthlings (who have successfully quit smoking) can help me out with this as the aliens i know have never smoked:

I've been on and off the ganja lately and recently began a big break - I'm 2 weeks in and this is my question:

Obviously I am feeling much better since I stopped as the herb was fu**ing with my head and bringing me down. One of my hobbies is playing classical guitar pieces but I have noticed that I still have a tough time memorizing new pieces. I know my brain is probably doing some "re-wiring" and readjusting its chemical balance (my dopamine system was probably fried out) but it gets me very angry sometimes when I struggle with the memorizing.

Has anyone been through this and noticed feeling "less intelligent" during the first few weeks of quitting the herb? I know I will get my sharpness back as more time goes on but some days I feel clumsy and forgetful - not only with music but with my daily tasks. Some days are better than others but I get mad when I have the "dumb days". I'm not asking what I can do to make my brain better as I am fully committed to getting my brain mojo back - with exercise and eating better and supplements and all that jazz

I'm hoping some people can relate and are willing to share how their brain function was during the first few weeks (maybe even months) of quitting smoking. I know it may take a while as I have been smoking for a long time but it helps to hear from other who have been through this and how their experience was.

I do <3 herb but it is not for me anymore.

Thanks fellow earthlings - peace and love to all

It doesn't happen over night. I quit after smoking every day for about 10 years. I made it a whole year without a single joint. Then last year (15) I unexplainably started again. I smoked from about April untill now. Now I've stoped again and I sleeping / breathing / thinking clearer.
If you can limit your use to say once every two weeks you will be fine but smoking heavily (every day) fry's your brain. Any hardcore stoner that tells you otherwise is in denial. Good luck and keep it up!

You could try nootropics, they are supposed to help with memory and brain fog. I would assume that cannabinoid receptors play some role in the formation of memories. Once they are completely back to normal in 2-3 months, it should feel as if you had never smoked weed to begin with. Also, at that point you should be fine to smoke weed occasionally if you please, without any major long term memory effects.