• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quitting benzos

Greenergrass21

Greenlighter
Hey all I have been a long time lurker on the fourm gathering more information than I ever knew possible and for all of that I am extremely grateful. It really has helped me through so much in my life, but now I feel the need to post, and hopefully after I get through all this I can be a regular around here helping others get through the things I've been through.

I have been an opiate addict for 8 years and always indulged in every other substance under the sun, but only physically dependent on opiates, now only kratom so I am getting close to the point I want to be. Anyway getting off track, I always made the promise to never get dependent on benzos, but for the last maybe 8 months I have been using around 1-2mg kpins a day. Not a big habit, or a very long time, but plenty to get dependent. I am grateful I didn't use more than this and let it become like my opiate addiction was.

I have tapered myself down to 5mg valium a day, and that is where I jumped from, today being day 3. I feel like I am in a constant acid trip, kratom does help but it doesn't take it all away by any stretch of the imagination.

My question is, did I jump from to high of a dose? I didn't expect to feel these feelings of derealization, shaking, headaches and such to this extent. The derealization gets pretty bad at times. I feel I am safe from seizures as I was on 5mg valium for close to a month, so I feel I was stable on that. I still have some valium left that I could taper down further, but if this isn't going to last much longer, I can power through it. I just don't want to set myself up for month and month long paws. Im not sure if tapering helps with paws or if its just to help the intensity of the acute phase.

So in short, should I power through it and it should let up in a week or so, or should I get back on and taper down further? The kratom takes the anxiety away, so I'm not sure how much rebound anxiety is there. I'm hoping I can get some light shed on this as I've never been through benzo wd only opiate wd many of times.

I have searched around the fourm for answers regarding this but it is so scattered with doses and time of use and length of wd that it really is hard for me to get an educated guess on what to do here which is the reason I want to get some opinions on this.

I look forward to talking with the amazing community this fourm has to offer.