• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quit Smoking- HELP

Mgold55

Bluelighter
I quit smoking 12 days ago. I started sneezing about day 7. Day 11 i developed this nasty cough and today its even worse, but its mostly a dry cough. Is this normal or should i go to the doctor?

We got a lot of ''Nicotine threads'' might as well start another sub-forum ''Nicotine & Alcohol''.

If you go to the doctor, they will give you some pills, most likely an oral spray. Nasty cough? by this you mean mucus. Mucus it's dirt, this dirt is in your lungs. So your body wouldn't allow it, so you will spit. Nasty cough can be a cold. A lot actually but if you know your medical history then it's fine to assume it's mucus. Dry cough it's when there no mucus, might be a little cold. Keep in my mind that we are in 2020, this winter hasn't been as kinky as it should because it's the end of a decade.

Likely you'll cough a lot because your lungs are healing. It's a slow/gradual process.

mate its january- if you're in the northern hemisphere, its cold season so upper respiritory tract issues are probably viral.

how much were you smoking? i've smoked for 20 years and had my last cigarette nearly 2 weeks ago and am not experiencing issues. it is normal to cough a bit but at the start. if your cough persists go to a doctor.