• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quit klonopin CT 40 days ago - can I drink alcohol?

Branden0713

Bluelighter
Hey I?m wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if it?s safe for me to drink alcohol? I quit klonopin 40 days ago CT and have felt more normal this past week than the previous month. My wd?s weren?t too terrible, especially when taking Vicodin. Would I be thrown back into wd if I drank a beer or three?

Congrats on Kicking the Clonazepam, Benzos can be hell to get off, I doubt a few drinks will set you back but I wouldn't make a daily habit of it,

Congrats on Kicking the Clonazepam, Benzos can be hell to get off, I doubt a few drinks will set you back but I wouldn't make a daily habit of it,

Thank you! Yea, it was something I?ll never do again. It wasn?t like I used it to abuse it, more just to come down from coke and for genuine anxiety but it got me anyway :/

Thank you for the response! I?m gonna try it and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Yea I used to Use Benzo's to deal with anxiety myself, especially hangover anxiety. So if you go for a drink and feel shit the next day there is always the chance you might use Kpin again.

Benzos Work too well for anxiety, the key for me was to just make sure I had some stashed away, the mere fact that I know they were there would bring my anxiety down, I never had any intention of taking them unless I had a full blown panic attack. Just thar saftey net worked well for me.

Good Luck!

I quit benzos cold turkey back in February. First of all, give yourself a hug. It's the loneliest and most difficult medical ordeal I've had to deal with so far and I've been through the wringer with other things. It takes a long time to fully recover (and you will fully recover even if it doesn't seem that way). 6 months out from a 7 year daily prescription and I feel reborn compared to 3 months ago. Still improving every week.

With alcohol I find I can drink a little, and drinking in small amounts is more enjoyable than it was before due to decreased tolerance. However, having more than 3 or 4 drinks now makes me more dysphoric than pre-withdrawal. The rebound anxiety is worse and hits relatively soon. It can certainly bring back some of the withdrawal symptoms early on in recovery.

Thank you, Transcendance, it was a very long and totally miserable journey. I?d rather wd from Vicodin a thousand times before going through the pure hell of benzo wd.

I didn?t end up drinking as I had planned. Just the thought of it possibly bringing back symptoms made me really anxious. I?ve felt more normal, like my old self this past week and the thought of it going away due to something like alcohol and me being impatient just isn?t worth it. But hearing how you?re able to drink a little gives me extreme hope.

I didn?t take klonopin for years only about 6 months of 3-4 doses a week, so knowing how far you?ve come in 6 months makes me think that it?s almost completely over. You are the real survivor compared to me.