• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Quickest way to add weed to food?

Sure, but the OP asked for what I gave him. This 'blind' heating produces a relatively consistent product and it works just fine for his purposes. If you don't like it, don't use the method!

I am not against decarboxylating your weed in an oven etc. but it's not always necessary. Earlier in the thread you were saying you wouldn't get high. That's incorrect.

There is something called a chocolate thermometer if you so wish to use one. I get by without one fine though.

Just because you didn't purposely decarb, doesn't mean that you did not decarb it.

Which leads me to the conclusion that purposefully decarbing weed is extraneous and unnecessary, but if you want to do it then that's your prerogative.

You do realize that when you light it on fire and breathe in the smoke it is in fact decarbing the THCA into THC, don't you?

Again, this just further pounds home the thought that purposefully decarbing your weed is extraneous and unnecessarily redundant (just like using those three words when only one would've done :p)... the only time I could see it as being considered something akin to a necessity is if a person were to use buds that've just recently been harvested. Other than that? Redundant, imo.

Yes, but as I stated at the top of this page, you are merely making a guess as to the actual temperatures unless you separate this step. And of course it's legit. You don't have to believe science though. That's your prerogative.

The way you're toting it is not completely legit because it's, more often than not, simply not necessary to separate the step. I understand quality control and all that-- you want complete consistency every time. Me, though? The only consistency I want is that the damn thing works, and this apparently works without your extra step. I wonder why that is?

"Does the finished product get me as high as I prefer to be?" That's pretty much the only thing that really matters to me, so that intentional-decarboxylation-is-essential-to-everything-or-else-you're-doing-it-wrong mindset is kind of bullshit, imo, because my experience as a smoker (which, granted, may be less than you, w0lf, not trying to dicksize) completely contradicts the notion. I've never done it, never been dissatisfied and thus, it's unnecessary. (Keep in mind when I originally started on this topic in this thread, I put that little disclaimer that I'm mainly spoutin' out opinions here. I'm not trying to make definitive, factual statements-- it's all just based on my own personal experience.)

Knowing and controlling the heated temperature is more valuable than blindly heating your product.

I agree with that wholeheartedly. :)

Last edited:
You will not get high if you do not decarb your weed. I really can't put in any more simple than that.

I really don't care if you don't want to take precautions to make sure that your weed is decarbed or not.

8)

I get high every day without decarbing, so fuck that particular definitive statement. I'm pretty sure I get what you're trying to say, and i'm trying to get across the point that you're being unclear as all-fuck about it if I'm deducing this shit correctly.

What I think you mean to say is "You will not get high if you fuck with weed that hasn't decarboxylated." (and I'm still not even sure I AGREE with that, I just think that's what you're trying to say)

It doesn't fucking matter who, what, where, when, why or how that shit happens, but it happens regularly without you having to do a god damn thing. It's not a guarantee, but it's common enough to be considered typical that when you buy some tree that shit is ready to go for whatever purpose you've got in mind.

Saying you have to do that bullshit separately to get high from weed is either a blatant lie, misworded or misguided, and there's no other way for me to look at it at this point.

Last edited:
You don't really read these posts before hitting 'reply,' huh? You just kind of go into a thread with an idea in mind and just fuck all those other words on the page, am I right?

...I feel like I'm right. Fuck it, though, w01f, you keep telling people to do unnecessary shit with their tree and I'll be right there behind ya to tell 'em you're bullshittin' the fuck out of them. I'm cool with that.

I can't believe on a forum dedicated to factual information you guys actually believe you are getting high off of THCA.

lol

You really don't need to do anything special to decarboxylate weed. It just needs to be dried & cured properly.

Stability: Δ9-THCA is very unstable, decomposing rapidly in the presence of oxygen, light and acids. It is stable for 3 months at -20°C, 2 weeks at 5°C, and 4 days at room temperature (Zoller et. al. 2000). Δ9-THCA powder appears to be more stable but stability is indeterminate at this time.

Cooking it too much is likely to oxidise your THC into CBN or vaporize it.

In the chocolate recipe temperature is controlled by using a bain-marie, this makes sure it can't get too hot (and burn the chocolate / destroy your thc).

Last edited:
I can't believe on a forum dedicated to factual information you guys actually believe you are getting high off of THCA.

lol

I can't believe you didn't know this forum is dedicated to harm reduction, and it still amazes me you can read an entire thread and come out the ass end of it still only grasping onto your original thought.

[Response to Moderation: Damnit, thuj', you could've at least left the sentiment of what you deleted behind. That was, like, the most important part of this post.]

w01f, your responses here have been obtuse, stubborn and almost obsessively focused on only your original thought when you entered this thread and it makes me dislike speaking with you immensely. I can't guarantee how I may react to any responses of yours to posts of mine in the future, so it may be best if, ya know.... we just don't put ourselves in that situation from here on out.

Last edited:
Stability: Δ9-THCA is very unstable, decomposing rapidly in the presence of oxygen, light and acids. It is stable for 3 months at -20°C, 2 weeks at 5°C, and 4 days at room temperature (Zoller et. al. 2000). Δ9-THCA powder appears to be more stable but stability is indeterminate at this time.
Synthetic cannabis is not and never will behave the same as the real deal. But thanks for that completely unrelated source.

lol

You misunderstand peoples' posts or you overlook salient arguments or points and then you use a strawman arguments (quote as an example) to try argue your point. This is why trying to have a discussion with you is absolutely pointless.

Almost forgot to provide the OP with my quick recipe. Edibles 101 (using decarb!)

*Firecrackers*

1. Grind the desired amount of bud and place a thin layer directly onto foil, wrapping the top of it so it's covered.
2. Decarb: You may increase the temperature to decrease the time here. The temperature is indirectly proportional to the time. I would usually place in pre-heated oven at 240F for around 35 minutes, but you can make that as fast or slow as you want.
3. Sprinkle the decarbed herb onto evenly spread peanut peanut (the REAL oily kind), onto a cracker. Again, make sure it's a thin layer and then sandwich the crackers together.
4. Place crackers on a pie sheet and bake for 20 minutes @325F (again the temperatures here are indirectly proportional to time).

Enjoy!

I don't make FC much anymore because once you figure out how to make super potent edibles (by using a decarb method) you will want venture into higher quality edibles however they are a good starting pad and they are quick. I've never had mine fail if that's worth anything.

When I'm lazy I just mix in about .3-.7g of finely ground top shelf to a tablespoon of peanut-butter slabbed on a piece of foil, fold it, then throw it in the oven for 20 minutes at 300°F and eat it in one spoonful. I personally prefer to eat the PB straight and get to the point, but if you wanna make firecrackers out of this your better off cooking the peanut-butter seperately and spread it on unbaked or slightly heated crackers, oven baked crackers don't taste very good depending on which type you use and how long/high you cook it.

I reccomend adding a small amount of coconut oil and decarboxylating your herb at 250 °F for 10-15 minutes for better taste and potency. Properly decarbed weed should allow you to break down your bud to a fine dust, thus incereasing surface area. Definitely a half assed way to ingest oral cannabis, but it tastes good as long as you don't burn the PB. Half gram of dank gets me stoned every time...

Last edited: