• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quetiapine and K

templeguard

Greenlighter
Recently been perscribed a low dose of Quetiapine to treat bipolar disorder fml. I love ket and balloons but have no idea if i am safe to do this whilst on this shitty quetiapine stuff. anyone know anything?

I haven't heard any contraindications there. Just start slow and listen to your body - make sure it's not effecting you more strongly than you expect or making you feel shitty.

Thanks TheAzo it?s all new to me and am not decided if even want the meds but I have to do something to level out my shit because right now am all over the place and it?s fucking with everything in my life.

How often are you indulging in ketamine?

Have you just been diagnosed recently with bipolar and is this your first treatment plan?

It's pretty impossible to diagnose and treat mental health issues if you are affected by drugs, so without much to go on from you, there is not that much to fear with these 2 drugs spare from being slightly more confused and alertness issues.

I dunno if the k will be as effective, you'll have to find that out and space your doses accordingly.

I was on seroquel for some time but not for bipolar, it's a pain in the arse as it will take getting used to but not that bad.

You'll be ok mate.

am maybe taking k once a week no more than that usually on a night out with others. then a balloon or two as well. haven't started taking the quetiapine yet as everything I read scares the shit out of me. i like sleeping but this stuff seems to send you out for a week. i have been diagnosed for like 2 weeks. never had anything said to me like this before. gonna suck it up and start maybe 1st or 2nd jan and see what happens. thanks zephyr

Happy new year mate, enjoy.

I love ketamine.

Have a line for me!

Day 3 taking Quetiapine. zero things to report. other than my body feels like its made from concrete until about 5 in afternoon.

Day 3 taking Quetiapine. zero things to report. other than my body feels like its made from concrete until about 5 in afternoon.

and and happy NY

There aren't any readily apparent contraindications, but on a personal note, I just want to give you a friendly reminder. When dealing with mental illness, it can be really hard to gain what I like to call "true perspective" regarding the nature of your illness, how it affects you and how it affects those in your periphery. Basically, if you really want to understand yourself and Truly get better, introducing recreational substances into your life is going to cloud your perspective. It could make your illness harder to treat and can lead to more problems.

One thing I have noticed from antipsychotics use and dissociative use concurrently is that they ramp up the sedated feelings and reduce the magic/hypomanic tendencies.
Which I found leads to increased doses and frequency of dosing. Which leads to issues related to tolerance and so on.

As above I would consider your mental health and focus on that until you're better.

thanks all - am hearing whats being said. i have stuck to nothing but my legit meds for last couple of days. also my dose is now 50mg from 25mg. seeing what happens tonight. i have weed on me and am tempted but going to resist it. if i can. fuck this head shit is fucked. anyways.